• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Tory secret deal with EU

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by squarepeg View Post
    As long as the EU doesn't set Marmite consumption quotas for the UK, we're all going to be fine.
    I hope they do.

UK: 1 tonne
    Germany: 500 Billion tonnes
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
      I hope they do.

UK: 1 tonne
      Germany: 500 Billion tonnes
      Nah, don't think so, for a start it's ******* expensive here plus they have Maggi which tastes much the same
      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
        Nah, don't think so, for a start it's ******* expensive here plus they have Maggi which tastes much the same
        You mean loads of countries have an equivalent of the disgusting Marmite?

Comment

Yup. Bloody copycats. Trying to outdo the Brits again.

Although "Paprykarz Szczecinski" is in a class of its own. Contrary to some Bremainers, mixing it with Marmite and spreading the resulting goo on a croissant is not a good example of how multiculturalism can improve the quality of one's life. (Unless you are constipated.)
          You're awesome! Get yourself a t-shirt.

Comment

Not really, Maggi is a sauce which you put in stews or your soup. It just tastes like Marmite a bit. A lot of restaurants will have a bottle on the table with the ketchup. I love Marmite me but every German I've tried it on has said it's disgusting (they say the same to pickled eggs as well...strange people)
            Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
              Not really, Maggi is a sauce which you put in stews or your soup. It just tastes like Marmite a bit. A lot of restaurants will have a bottle on the table with the ketchup. I love Marmite me but every German I've tried it on has said it's disgusting (they say the same to pickled eggs as well...strange people)
              This is where I agree with the German people.

Though at uni I did enjoy terrorising Europeans with baked beans....

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                Most brexiters believe things are -ve. Just a lot less negative than if we had stayed with the EU.
                Then they're idiots and are either blind or in complete denial about the sh*tstorm unfolding before their very eyes.

They can continue to convince themselves it'll all be okay. It's quite cathartic to do that, helps to take the pain of the reality (of brexit) away, I believe.

Comment

Working...
                X