• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Track vacation time for team members

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Track vacation time for team members

Need help - I have been asked to create a spreadsheet for tracing team members vacation time. Please advise how can I create this spreadsheet? Thanks

1. Each team member of xyz team listed into columns/ rows however you see fit
    2. A column/row for # of work days requested off (has to be a numerical value). For example, a two week vacation will be listed as 10 business days. A half-day will be listed as 0.5 days.
    3. A column/row for the exact dates that the person will be OOO (for multiple days, this can be expressed as a date range)
    4. A “sum” formula embedded into the spreadsheet that gives us totals of days/partial days taken off per person

Originally posted by vik845 View Post
    Need help - I have been asked to create a spreadsheet for tracing team members vacation time. Please advise how can I create this spreadsheet? Thanks

2. A column/row for # of work days requested off (has to be a numerical value). For example, a two week vacation will be listed as 10 business days. A half-day will be listed as 0.5 days.
    3. A column/row for the exact dates that the person will be OOO (for multiple days, this can be expressed as a date range)
    4. A “sum” formula embedded into the spreadsheet that gives us totals of days/partial days taken off per person
    SASguru will do the heavy lifting with the Excel back-end, and Suity can spin you up a BPM tool and UI.

Comment

Do you like films about gladiators?
      Do you double dip?
      Have you tried bleeding the radiators?

We need to know.

Comment

Book a meeting room and have a brain storming session.
        "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

I can recommend this book. I think the "Spread Sheet" might turn out to be big.
          Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
            Book a meeting room and have a brain storming session.
            Surveymonkey or Doodle Poll to agree date for session?

Comment

1. Put each team member's name in a column or row (as you see fit). It might be worth including a column / row title as well
              2. In a row / column below / next to the members name, enter the number of work days requested off (you could include validation to make sure it's a number)
              3. In a row / column below / next to that, include the exact dates that the person will be OOO. For multiple days, you could enter a date range
              4. In a row / column below / next to that, use the "sum" formula to add up the values entered in step 2.

Good luck with your ECDL, but bear in mind that from next year it doesn't count as a qualification for school league tables so many schools will be removing it as an option.
              Best Forum Advisor 2014
              Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
              Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Was this part of your schedule of work or is the client asking you to carry out ad hoc bits of extra work?
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Scooty is a whizz at Excel-based summation. Sas would be overkill. Why splash out on Blue Nun when you can get away with Diamond White?

Comment

Have you raised a CUK ticket, if not please do the needful at the soonest.

Please provide required solution platform, service pack applied and operating system you wish to deliver on.

Have you tried switching it on and off again?

HTH.

BIDI.
                    The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Working...
                    X