• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Grrrr potholes

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grrrr potholes

Cycling down a hill at some speed and only at the last second did I see the big pothole in front of me. I managed to hop over it with the front wheel, which with hindsight maybe was a mistake as it hit the rear harder. And sure enough, flat tyre. I had a spare, but as I was only a mile or so from home decided to just walk. That can be a job for tomorrow.

Walking past the school in my cycle shorts as the kids were leaving did feel a bit, well, wrong.

So how's everybody else's non-benched day been? Good meetings? Hour wasted in traffic jam/waiting for Southern Rail? Waiting for Geoff to finish what he promised to deliver last week?
    Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

I was worried you fell off and broke yourself. Anyway report the pothole in case someone else does.

Day - meetings waste of time accept the ones I initiated, asked lots of stupid questions as usual that's about it.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Cycling to Victoria from SE London 5 years ago. In New Cross one Monday was a new pot hole - about 3 feet by 3 feet by 6 inches deep. I avoided it.

The next day was raining. Huge puddle. Nuts were forced into the saddle. F**king painful.

Puncture proof tyres means I almost never get punctures.

By the way, what is it you are waiting for me to deliver?

Geoff

Comment

I was out cycling the other week and nearly cycled in to a pot hole 367.9 km² wide. It was called Sheffield.

Oh sorry. I mean tulip hole not pot hole. My bad.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

I did my usual six stops on the DLR and a nice walk... Can't complain.
          You're awesome! Get yourself a t-shirt.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
            I was out cycling the other week and nearly cycled in to a pot hole 367.9 km² wide. It was called Sheffield.

Oh sorry. I mean tulip hole not pot hole. My bad.
            Right the first time. - has autoplay on

VIDEO: Police seize cannabis worth £6,600 in raid in Sheffield - The Star

Police seized cannabis worth £6,600 in a flat in Sheffield.

Officers used a battering ram to smash their way into the property yesterday and found 1kg worth of the drug.
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Hit one recently, thought my careful wheel alignment would be out of order

Comment

Working...
              X