• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Premier Inn

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
    This is a contractor forum. Even PC doesn't stay in a Premier Inn.
    PooperShot though...
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Stayed in Premier Inn's last year going from the South of England to the North. The further North you go, the better they are. The one between Stockton and Middlesbrough is actually quite nice. Travelodge are universally awful.
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
        PooperShot though...
        Why do you think the Travelodge public toilets are so filthy?

Comment

Have same experiences with Premier Inn mobile signals. Their free wifi is tulip as well.
          When I open the window and put my phone next to it I usually manage to get a 3 or 4G signal so I can at least use my phone as mobile hotspot

Comment

never really noticed - have stayed in a few premier inn's generally they are clean and quiet

travelodge are trying to pull themselves out of the tulip.... have stayed in one in Manchester recently - it was ok in that it was clean and not smelly and they served a half decent lager at the bar but what do you want for £45 per night

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
              Why do you think the Travelodge public toilets are so filthy?
              How do you know?

Did MF arrange a meet there once?

Comment

Premiere inn

This is a contractor forum. Even PC doesn't stay in a Premier Inn.
                Thing is there not that cheap anymore. Then again nothing is.

Stayed in a Days Inn just outside Stevenage once. You know your life is great when you are living in a Days Inn!!

One up from sleeping in the car. And I know contractors who have done that before.

Comment

Originally posted by mall View Post
                  Thing is there not that cheap anymore. Then again nothing is.

Stayed in a Days Inn just outside Stevenage once. You know your life is great when you are living in a Days Inn!!

One up from sleeping in the car. And I know contractors who have done that before.
                  I slept in a tent during summer and put the bill from the campsite on my expenses. Best way to stay away from home for work ever. Weather has to be good though.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                    A beds a bed, I'd rather stay in s £60 a night hotel and spent the other £40 on booze

I'll tell you next week as I'm booked into the Travelodge at Greenwich [emoji3]
                    Did Travelodge last week - arrived 10pm, left 7:30am - clean, comfortable and quiet, and there was a geocache in the carpark. £40 (would have been even cheaper if I'd booked in advance). Why would I need to spend more?

Comment

Working...
                    X