• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

About time too!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    +1. Why am I arguing with an excruciatingly tedious sockie troll?
    Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
    FTFY
    FTFY

Comment

Originally posted by Pip in a Poke View Post
      When you have people towing their children in bike trailers over busy roundabouts during rush hour it's imperative that they are given priority.
      Whenever I see those kids bike trailers I can only assume that the parent really hates their child and wants them to die.
      Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
        Whenever I see those kids bike trailers I can only assume that the parent really hates their child and wants them to die.
        Clearly you live in a horrible area. Round my way 5 year old children cycling on the road with their parents are given way to.

In fact it's the fecking parents who are often a danger to their pre-teen/teen kid they are cycling with. Kid takes perfect road position, doesn't jump one way lights etc but their parent tells them to ride in the gutter when inappropriate, to jump one way lights etc.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
          That's just nuts anyway.

Sorry the road was designed for Motor vehicles - whilst I have no problems with cyclists towing their kids you are simply taking putting their lives at risk each day - even if you assume no driver ever makes a mistake there will always be technical/mechanical issues which could cause accidents.

But then i think you are trolling so.....
          Most of the roads in London and loads of old towns/cities where originally designed for horse and cart not cars otherwise UK roads wouldn't be so narrow.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
            Clearly you live in a horrible area. Round my way 5 year old children cycling on the road with their parents are given way to.
            Really not what I meant. They just look so unbelievably dangerous. As a car driver you're looking out for what you recognise, which is a person on a bike, and you completely miss the kid in the trailer that's far too low down to see. Plus the parent can't see the kid, and obviously the kid can't steer, so you can easily see how a parent might completely misjudge something and bump the kid into a sign, or leave them half way out into the road.

My Mum had a bike with a child seat, which I don't remember being in but I remember my younger brother being in. Not sure why they went away; seems much safer.
            Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Really not what I meant. They just look so unbelievably dangerous. As a car driver you're looking out for what you recognise, which is a person on a bike, and you completely miss the kid in the trailer that's far too low down to see. Plus the parent can't see the kid, and obviously the kid can't steer, so you can easily see how a parent might completely misjudge something and bump the kid into a sign, or leave them half way out into the road.

My Mum had a bike with a child seat, which I don't remember being in but I remember my younger brother being in. Not sure why they went away; seems much safer.
              Women with children think they can occupy the whole road and stuff everyone else.

Mrs BP used to live a long way from twins primary school. It was always women who would try to run her down while crossing the road. White van man left space for her and the twins.

I suppose its an extension of the family courts. Women get all the power and any man who doesn't do what he is told when he is told to do it is a sexist.

I used to have a bike seat for baby bp. Great fun. Until he got too big and tried to lean left when I was leaning right. Not great fun if you are passing a parked car.....

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
                I quite agree. The rule applies in NL. However, as a car driver, cyclist and pedestrian I find that drivers and cyclists are oblivious to the Highway Code especially regarding pedestrians crossing the road at junctions. Moreover, cyclists seem to use their bikes as weapons against pedestrians and even using them as wedges to push in when boarding trains. In my youth, the police would stop cyclists for the slightest infringement. These days’ cyclists go through red lights, ride the wrong way down streets, ride the pavement and some don’t bother with lights.
                Well try getting onto a crowded train with an 8 foot long cycle with a fairing and try not looking like your trying to use your bike as an offensive weapon.

None of it's intentional - some of us just need a little bit more real estate and it's about time the ROCs addressed the issue.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Pip in a Poke View Post
                    Well try getting onto a crowded train with an 8 foot long cycle with a fairing and try not looking like your trying to use your bike as an offensive weapon.

None of it's intentional - some of us just need a little bit more real estate and it's about time the ROCs addressed the issue.
                    Bikes are for riding, not for carrying on trains. I hate these ****ers who get on a crowded bus or train with their bike and the next thing you know is you've got grease and mud on your trousers.
                    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

They haven't gone away. People still ride them if they have one child.

Oh and those with trailers normally attach flags to the trailer so they can be seen by drivers from a mile away. Also no driver wants to be in the local (and possibly national) news for maiming two kiddies.

Comment

Working...
                      X