• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

About time too!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Women with children think they can occupy the whole road and stuff everyone else.

Mrs BP used to live a long way from twins primary school. It was always women who would try to run her down while crossing the road. White van man left space for her and the twins.

I suppose its an extension of the family courts. Women get all the power and any man who doesn't do what he is told when he is told to do it is a sexist.
    Have you noticed the way some women push buggies out first when crossing the road to get you to stop? Oddly the men I've seen don't push buggies out but do take up the entire fecking pavement.

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    I used to have a bike seat for baby bp. Great fun. Until he got too big and tried to lean left when I was leaning right. Not great fun if you are passing a parked car.....
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
      Have you noticed the way some women push buggies out first when crossing the road to get you to stop? Oddly the men I've seen don't push buggies out but do take up the entire fecking pavement.

The best one I saw was some bint standing and waiting to cross the road, she shot daggers at a guy with a cigarette to the left of her, prior to shunting the kid next to a cars exhaust in the traffic.
      The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
        Bikes are for riding, not for carrying on trains. I hate these ****ers who get on a crowded bus or train with their bike and the next thing you know is you've got grease and mud on your trousers.
        Well blame the ROCs then not the cyclists.

If they brought back the guard's van, you wouldn't have to worry about exposing your lilywhite ass to our dirt and grime.

Anyhow, getting covered in mud and oil seems par for the course when you ride ATW whether or not a bike is involved. But I guess you're not in Wales?

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
          The best one I saw was some bint standing and waiting to cross the road, she shot daggers at a guy with a cigarette to the left of her, prior to shunting the kid next to a cars exhaust in the traffic.
          I do admit a few years ago after emergency stopping for lots of them, seeing a woman doing it at a supermarket crossing I drove straight through. She looked sooo shocked.

Though I think she learnt a lesson that day because I'm sure I saw her again and she didn't do that.

I normally stop at zebra crossings or crossing places in the road if I see people wanting to cross and no other vehicle is right up my ass as other people though mostly men do that for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Pip in a Poke View Post
            Sorry, I don't agree.

When you have people towing their children in bike trailers over busy roundabouts during rush hour it's imperative that they are given priority.

No, don't agree with that at all.
            If I were a parent there's no way I would but my kids in a bike trailer and take it on the ROAD.
            Reckless and irresponsible are the only two words I can think of which won't fail the sweary filter.
            By all means put your own life at risk, but when you put your kids lives at risk you get no sympathy from me.
            His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
              I do admit a few years ago after emergency stopping for lots of them, seeing a woman doing it at a supermarket crossing I drove straight through. She looked sooo shocked.

Though I think she learnt a lesson that day because I'm sure I saw her again and she didn't do that.

I normally stop at zebra crossings or crossing places in the road if I see people wanting to cross and no other vehicle is right up my ass as other people though mostly men do that for me.
              You should, pedestrians have priority on zebra crossings.
              His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

One went through on the inside while I was waiting a red light at a pedestrian crossing yesterday.

Certainly if a vehicle overtakes a cycle just before turning at a junction they are to blame but not if they are already stopped and signalling when the cyclist goes on the inside. Adults should always be expected, as a point of principle, to take responsibility for their own decisions.
                bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by Pip in a Poke View Post
                  Well try getting onto a crowded train with an 8 foot long cycle with a fairing and try not looking like your trying to use your bike as an offensive weapon.

None of it's intentional - some of us just need a little bit more real estate and it's about time the ROCs addressed the issue.
                  Two choices here:
                  1 - buy a car for the whole journey, thus avoiding the train altogether.
                  2 - get a lift / taxi / bus or walk to the station.

And you know where you can stick your sense of moral entitlement.

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
                    Two choices here:
                    1 - buy a car for the whole journey, thus avoiding the train altogether.
                    2 - get a lift / taxi / bus or walk to the station.
                    There is other choices chosen by people in my area:
                    3. Cycle the entire way to your destination and back.
                    4. Cycle to the station and lock your bike up there and get on the train without it.

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
                      You should, pedestrians have priority on zebra crossings.
                      Only if they step on them.

Most people aren't that dumb due to the couple that have been killed.

Comment

Working...
                      X