• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

May's speech

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

May's speech

Argh what's this woman doing?!? Less she forgets she did call the election. This is not burning the bridge's this nuking them from orbit.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

It's called "Lynton Crossby" - the guy who got Sadiq Khan elected as London Mayor by making Zac Goldsmith seem such a racist bigot his own sister and members of the Tory party were ashamed of him
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

She's running a Trump style presidential campaign, and that worked out nicely for him...

Meaningless soundbites, dreadful isolationist policies, denigrating the opposition whilst not actually offering a positive alternative.

But for some totally inexplicable reason, people buy it. If you read between the lines, the Tories are saying they are going to screw us all, and enough people will vote for that because she says (without backup) that others will screw us over even more.

And somehow I doubt that. The EUSSR's current propaganda ploy *will* stregthen May's hand in the election. It wouldn't surprise me if the €100bn figure came from May herself.

Come 2022, when all has fallen down around us and we're in a pit of economic dispair[1], I fear that the morons will *still* vote for her.

[1] Some may note that my glass half full outlook on Brexit has gone away, as I now trust May to actually deliver the no-deal Brexit that some crave - but that isn't my personal vision. The twist in the Brexit saga was May becoming PM, and she is the wolf in sheep's clothing - the ultra leaver who stayed quiet, apart from a few strategically handled "IN" posters.
      Taking a break from contracting

Comment

Originally posted by chopper View Post
        She's running a Trump style presidential campaign, and that worked out nicely for him...

Meaningless soundbites, dreadful isolationist policies, denigrating the opposition whilst not actually offering a positive alternative.

But for some totally inexplicable reason, people buy it. If you read between the lines, the Tories are saying they are going to screw us all, and enough people will vote for that because she says (without backup) that others will screw us over even more.

And somehow I doubt that. The EUSSR's current propaganda ploy *will* stregthen May's hand in the election. It wouldn't surprise me if the €100bn figure came from May herself.

Come 2022, when all has fallen down around us and we're in a pit of economic dispair[1], I fear that the morons will *still* vote for her.

[1] Some may note that my glass half full outlook on Brexit has gone away, as I now trust May to actually deliver the no-deal Brexit that some crave - but that isn't my personal vision. The twist in the Brexit saga was May becoming PM, and she is the wolf in sheep's clothing - the ultra leaver who stayed quiet, apart from a few strategically handled "IN" posters.

You worry too much. Take a chill pill.

HTH

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by chopper View Post
          But for some totally inexplicable reason, people buy it.
          Would that be because there is no-one else to vote for?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            Would that be because there is no-one else to vote for?
            Indeed. Corbyn has done for Labour, and Abbott has reminded us all why they are unelectable. Lib Dems: Nothing to say here, just ineffectual drivel.

So I am voting...Lib Dem - in the vain hope that others do so too so that the Tories' majority won't be as huge as they hope, and may just make them adjust the amount of shafting we will all get in the next 5 years. Gawd it's going to be painful.
            "My God, it's huge!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Swamp Thing View Post
              Indeed. Corbyn has done for Labour, and Abbott has reminded us all why they are unelectable. Lib Dems: Nothing to say here, just ineffectual drivel.

So I am voting...Lib Dem - in the vain hope that others do so too so that the Tories' majority won't be as huge as they hope, and may just make them adjust the amount of shafting we will all get in the next 5 years. Gawd it's going to be painful.
              Vote tactically for your area please, again remember most likely the Tories will win, so the idea is not winning, its to stop them from sweeping all seats, we need opposition, and if you vote for the wrong party for your area, its like a vote wasted... look up your area online and the MPs and vote tactically either Lib-Dems or Labour... I think JC is OK as an opposition.

Comment

Here's tactical voting site.... unite against Tories !!
                https://www.tactical2017.com/

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                  Argh what's this woman doing?!? Less she forgets she did call the election. This is not burning the bridge's this nuking them from orbit.
                  "why ride a vespa when you can push a lambretta?"

As I look ahead, I am filled with foreboding; like the Roman, I seem to see "the River Tiber foaming with much blood."

Comment

Originally posted by SandyD View Post
                    Here's tactical voting site.... unite against Tories !!
                    https://www.tactical2017.com/
                    So you're seriously saying that you'd prefer to see Corbyn or Farron in No. 10 !!

You people need to take your head out of the sand and really think, if you do prefer either of these two to be PM then vote for them but be careful what you wish for, they would be a disaster, especially propped up by Sturgeon.
                    "The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero

Comment

Working...
                    X