• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

More sick violence...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheGreenBastard View Post
    Like I said, tell me what you want to discuss and we'll dance.

While you're at it, quote me where I jump between Islam and Muslims - in fact I've corrected you thickos multiple times to assert I'm discussing Islam.
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    Tell me, have you ever heard of there being 5 pillars of Islam, or are you from the school of thinking that says there are 7 pillars, and anyone who disagrees with you is wrong?
    Yes, please enlighten me, what are the five pillars of Islam? Can you also enlighten me as to whether you believe there to be 5 or 7?
    The number of pillars depends on the sect.

You mean that people shouldn't tar all Muslims with the same brush?
    What are you talking about? Do you have dementia?

I'm tarring Islam / the Koran.
    Still no answer on the pillars of Islam.
    What are you talking about? What's the question?
    ...still doesn't want to talk about how many pillars of Islam there are, and what the differences are between historic stories and teachings.
    Let me repeat my question to you.
    How many pillars of ISLAM are there?
    What are they?

Not "how many different sects are there among Muslims"
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

What are they?

Can't you ban posters for trolling?
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
        Once again, I'm pleased to have educated you from a position of asserting that there is one version of the Koran to asserting that Islamic ideology [sic] holds that there is one Koran.

Well done. This is like moving from a position of asserting that Mohammed is the Prophet of God, to asserting that Islamic ideology [sic] holds that Mohammed is the Prophet of God.

It's a long time since I studied Arabic and I was never much good at it, but I do know the difference. What you will see that there are multiple versions of the Koran in use. Consider the transmitted version of Imam Hafs and the transmitted version of Imam Warsh. The differences are remarkably minor for such an old book, but they are distinctly different versions.
        Ha ha such disingenuous twaddle, but warp it however you see fit.

What your missing is Haf and Warsh differences are linguistic differences (quite minor mostly too). The orthographical differences between then doesn't undermine the concept of the "single Koran" argument TBH - no theologist or scholar of Islam would say orthographical differences undermine Koranic singularity. There is no King James version of the Koran.
        Last edited by TheGreenBastard; 5 May 2017, 13:26.

Comment

What are they?

What do your quotes prove exactly? Where do I conflict Muslims and Islam? Up your game...

5 pillars, now progress with your point of ban me if you don't possess the mental fortitude.

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
          Can't you ban posters for trolling?
          Wups I've committed a thought crime that is against the narrative! Melon!

Comment

Ha ha such disingenuous twaddle, but warp it however you see fit.
            So you elect not to defend your changing position from a statement about the Koran to a statement about how Muslims view the Koran. Labelling it as disingenuous twaddle doesn't help your position.

What your missing is Haf and Warsh differences are linguistic differences (quite minor mostly too). The orthographical differences between then doesn't undermine the concept of the "single Koran" argument TBH - no theologist or scholar of Islam would say orthographical undermine Koranic singularity. There is no King James version of the Koran.
            I agree the differences are minor but they are differences nonetheless. As you say they are linguistic differences - differences in LANGAUGE, so different versions. Some differences do not affect the meaning but a few do. The differences are minor but they are distinct versions. A faith position on this is no more relevant to reality than a faith position on creationism.

Comment

So you elect not to defend your changing position from a statement about the Koran to a statement about how Muslims view the Koran. Labelling it as disingenuous twaddle doesn't help your position.

I agree the differences are minor but they are differences nonetheless. As you say they are linguistic differences - differences in LANGAUGE, so different versions. Some differences do not affect the meaning but a few do. The differences are minor but they are distinct versions. A faith position on this is no more relevant to reality than a faith position on creationism.
              I'm an atheist, your​ position seems to be I'm saying there's a word for word single entity called the Koran. That's a mistake in your behalf. Only a delinquent would keep banging this point. In the context of Islam there is a single source of truth.

Unfortunately for you, orthographical differences don't undermine the singularity of he Koran for the experts. Of course you can choose to believe differently.

Comment

I'm an atheist, your​ position seems to be I'm saying there's a word for word single entity called the Koran. That's a mistake in your behalf. Only a delinquent would keep banging this point. In the context of Islam there is a single source of truth.

Unfortunately for you, orthographical differences don't undermine the singularity of he Koran for the experts. Of course you can choose to believe differently.
                So is there more than one version of the Koran? Or is there a single version which is not always the same?

I think you're using the word 'delinquent' to cover up your argumentative failure.

Comment

What do your quotes prove exactly?
                  That it took you several hours of dishing out abuse but refusing to answer a simple question.

Next simple question:
                  What are the 5 pillars of Islam?
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

So is there more than one version of the Koran? Or is there a single version which is not always the same?

I think you're using the word 'delinquent' to cover up your argumentative failure.
                    If your qualifier is the Koran in different languages (some hard liners would state the only the Arabic version is valid) - then yes. Ideologically, no.

Are there different versions of the US Constitution? The Spanish and English versions are different, correct? This is just to highlight how futile and pointless your argument is, in an attempt to appear knowledgeable on a subject matter you know little about.

Comment

That it took you several hours of dishing out abuse but refusing to answer a simple question.

Next simple question:
                      What are the 5 pillars of Islam?
                      Sorry bruv, woz arguing with idiots.

Google it, then get to your point.

Comment

Working...
                      X