• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

More sick violence...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by contractorinatractor View Post
    I've just registered, after many years of reading this forum, due to your posts PurpleGorilla.

Something has happened to you over the years. Could be in your personal life, could be from the media you are choosing to veer your eyes toward every day. If you look back to a couple of years ago your posts seem left wing to centrist and overall rather friendly. They have lurched to the right in recent times.

A hugely vast majority of crimes in any given genre are committed by British nationals within Britain. If you read the DailyMail, and consider that a reputable source of newsworthiness, then yes - all could trend towards thinking as you do.

You should instead rely upon ethnography research and informed opinion. UK newspapers are mostly owned by oligarchs who are keen to protect their monied interests - this being the reason why they do not wish higher taxes. From your posts I suspect you vote Tory. Riddle me this: the deficit is now increasing (per diem) at the highest rate ever known in this country, yet embarking upon austerity and engineering the poor to be worse off actually has the reaction of making them lurch to the Tories, perpetuating their own demise.

Immigrants and asylum seekers aren't the problem in the UK and they never have been. The problem is populist policy pandering to the middle to upper classes, ensuring a perpetual cycle of destruction for the past 50 years post-war era. You can adequately judge a country by how it treats its poorer people within the population.

What country(ies) do you see the UK - actually, England - aiming towards? For me it is Scandinavia: We should really be aiming for a happy harmonious society - yes, still numerous issues, including with violence, but there always is, it just needs to be minimised - but an overall much better attitude in society to aim towards happiness.

The UK is too disparate in wealth and income inequality is causing the country to gradually implode. Consider these matters before swinging massively in the wrong direction PurpleGorilla. In fact, go read your own longer posts from years ago and compare them to now.

Your anger is misplaced.
    Thanks for your post, and re registering, and thank you for actually having a debate with me rather than simply hurling insults.

Nothing huge has changed in my personal life, just older and more jaded I guess.

I've never voted Tory. Not got a clue who to vote for now, but it is a safe Tory seat for me so no real point!

I guess I feel like Jonathan Pie, extremely angry and depressed at the fake ness of 'freedom of opinion' extolled by the virtuous left - but only as long as it is a point I agree on.

I see a lot of big problems foreign and domestic which are skipped over, or repressed. I see this with the migrant crisis and the failure of integration between western and eastern cultures.

Doing more of the same expecting different results seems to be idiocy, which is why people voted for trump and brexit.

I'm a big fan of Prof Mark Blyth and his dissection of left & right populism.

Anyhow, I will stop posting stories about migrants and Muslims. Clearly it is causing offence.

Unicorns and Rainbows from now on.
    http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Originally posted by BoggyMcCBoggyFace View Post
      The world is a horrible place, I feel guilty about bringing my son in to it, I feel sick every time I read the papers, IS, Asaad killing children, the world is truly f*cked up, I don't understand how life can be so cheap to people what's gone wrong...... Last year I was in Tesco in Dalston Junction queuing for the self checkout when a young lad came running in and stood there, took me a few seconds to see it but he was standing in pool of blood at first I thought he had dropped a bottle of red wine but the kid had been stabbed Dalston stabbing: Bloodied victim staggers into Tesco for help after broad daylight knife attack | London Evening Standard
      That's grim man.
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
        Anyhow, I will stop posting stories about migrants and Muslims. Clearly it is causing offence..
        The ignorance is jarring not the naming.

I guess I feel like Jonathan Pie, extremely angry and depressed at the fake ness of 'freedom of opinion' extolled by the virtuous left - but only as long as it is a point I agree on.

I see a lot of big problems foreign and domestic which are skipped over, or repressed. I see this with the migrant crisis and the failure of integration between western and eastern cultures.
        'Freedom of opinion' - It is the Tories that are clamping down on privacy laws. They are the ones wanting to monitor your online activity until the end of days. They are the ones wanting to control what you think. And are doing an excellent job of it throughout their various media outlets.

The left are not even in power to exercise any control. The whole rant just seems daft.
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Who is stopping your 'freedom of opinion'? Haven't you just made this up so you can feel like a victim? You can post your hate filled opinions as much as you like. Generally it is the Mail and the like with their political correctness trying to shout down anyone who call out filth like like you.

Comment

It was just the mother killed - the kids weren't killed. But Jesus wept, why?
            You think the kids should have been killed as well? That happens. Fact is that some people love "honour" (for which read "themselves") more than they love their children. Conversion from Islam is, strictly, punishable by death. I know a young man who has sought asylum here in Switzerland. He converted in Pakistan, and then was beaten, stabbed and left for dead. You can see the scars on his stomach. The judge ruled that Pakistan is a safe country, and he can simply disappear into the Christian community there. Unfortunately, a) he can't do that, as his Pakistani ID card is marked "Muslim", and cannot be changed and b) it's manifestly not safe for Christians, especially converts from Islam. He is being returned to Pakistan in one month. If he's murdered, we'll send reports of his death to the judge.

You are free to express your opinion here. And we are free to express our opinion of your opinion.
            Unicorns and Rainbows from now on.
            And cats. Don't forget cats.
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
              You think the kids should have been killed as well?
              Of course not!

Comment

Of course not!
                But think how happy it would make you.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
                  But think how happy it would make you.
                  That's ridiculous!

Comment

Of course not!
                    Just to be clear - I was commenting on your ambiguous phrasing, not on your desire for kiddies to be murdered.
                    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                      Just to be clear - I was commenting on your ambiguous phrasing, not on your desire for kiddies to be murdered.
                      Thank you.

Comment

Working...
                      X