• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Got in car crash

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RetSet View Post
    Get yourself off to see your GP.
    Booked myself in for Monday 5pm, NHS is so great that at midday on Thursday the nearest option is that away, makes you wonder wtf is happening with all them taxes being paid!

Comment

Bugger

Sorry about your car, but I'm glad to hear you're OK <- manly

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
        Booked myself in for Monday 5pm, NHS is so great that at midday on Thursday the nearest option is that away, makes you wonder wtf is happening with all them taxes being paid!
        They have to leave the majority of the appointment space open for on the day appointments. Labour government initiative. They reckon if people can't book so far in advance and book on the day the vast majority will turn up on time. They forget that doctors appointment systems only work when x% don't turn up otherwise you will be waiting 1-2 hours.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

I'm glad that you are ok.
          Apparently, the damage it's not very extensive and you can have your boy back.

Comment

Yep, the guy who was driving right behind me, he saw it all.

Now, called Admiral they accept it's no fault claim, but they offered two options:

1. Go via Auxillis who will get it fixed under "vehicle repair finance agreement" - essentially giving me credit for 49 weeks and I'd still be liable for it if they can't get the money out of another party, and they seem to control how much they spend on repairs so bill could be big - you save on "excess" though

2. Claim via Admiral, excess will be payable, normal route... no claim bonus is protected, I could have 3 "strikes"...

Agreed for Admiral to send mechanic to see the damage first before I decide which route, I reckon it's write off...
            Good choice there are some good companies who will do a good job.

So you got to at least give them the chance, you paid for it after all.

Glad to hear you are ok.

(Damn those pesky euro regulations on car safety etc etc.)

😜

Comment

There are plenty of 'accident management' companies.

They add £££ to the overall bill, but if insurance playing silly beggars, worth it.

They give you an equivalent hire car, deal with the claim for you, and add their fee to the bill to be recovered from the other party.

Many years ago I used 'AngelAssist' - dunno if they're still about, but they did a good job for me.

Comment

Originally posted by RetSet View Post
                Accident 101

1) Your airbag got deployed. You have pains in your chest. You are injured. 999. Ambulance.

2) The other driver's demeanour/ attitude makes you think he is drunk or high.

3) The other driver's clothing/ grooming don't seem appropriate for the type of car he was driving. You think the other car was stolen.

Bingo. Plod arrives in an instant with blues 'n' twos.

I thought everybody knew this elementary stuff?

Anyway, glad to know you're unhurt. Insurance will buy you a new motor.

Oh, and remember, whiplash injuries can take a little time to show themselves. Get yourself off to see your GP.
                Add…

Don’t move from your seat, pee in your trousers and say “I can’t feel my legs”
                "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
                  Add…

Don’t move from your seat, pee in your trousers and say “I can’t feel my legs”
                  And the fire brigade reply "That's because we've chopped your hands off!"

Comment

Now all the fuss is over, hope you're OK, atw.
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

I am with the Admiral...

It's par for the course to hike premiums even if fault was not yours and no claim were made - that's why they ask to list accidents anyway! At least it's not my fault in this one and the other guy is insured with Hastings
                      Wifey got caught by the no fault claim thing with Admiral - will be on your insurance record for 5 years - any reason why you couldn't claim the extra £50-£100 @ year premium increase for 5 years in the insurance claim settlement?
                      How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Working...
                      X