• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Election Day

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WE just moved 2 weeks ago; no idea if there are elections here and if we're eligible to vote in them as I've had nothing in the post. I imagine it's even more staunchly Labour than at MP level, an ex-colliery village.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
      WE just moved 2 weeks ago; no idea if there are elections here and if we're eligible to vote in them as I've had nothing in the post. I imagine it's even more staunchly Labour than at MP level, an ex-colliery village.
      You need to sign up to make sure you can vote in the GE.

Have a look today though it could be too late.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
        You need to sign up to make sure you can vote in the GE.

Have a look today though it could be too late.
        I had naively thought that since the council know I've moved, they'd sort this. Apparently not. We're in the same constituency so if we're too late we'll just go to our old polling station...

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
          I had naively thought that since the council know I've moved, they'd sort this. Apparently not. We're in the same constituency so if we're too late we'll just go to our old polling station...
          Oh dear.

It's the same myth as those who think because they are on the council tax register they are automatically on the electoral roll. Instead what happens is they are randomly cross checked with each other and credit reference files particularly where people are claiming discounts or benefits.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
            God I hate that tune!

But then I never liked most of Beethoven's music. With a few exceptions, such as the Moonlight Sonata, it has a relentless, neurotically obsessive quality I find rather unpleasant.
            Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
              Oh dear.

It's the same myth as those who think because they are on the council tax register they are automatically on the electoral roll. Instead what happens is they are randomly cross checked with each other and credit reference files particularly where people are claiming discounts or benefits.
              I've updated my details online, apparently you have until May 22nd to register for the GE. They DO periodically send out letters asking you to confirm who lives at your address but I think we missed that for the local elections.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                Yes.
                What he/she/it said.
                First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

Went up about half hour before polling station closed. Deserted. Judging from the ticks they had on the list the numbers who had bothered looked very low. Looked about 30%, if that.

I voted for Adolph as usual.
                  bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                  John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Didn't bother in the end. I will vote tactically in the GE but there was nobody I wanted to vote for today.

Comment

Working...
                    X