• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Which dash cam?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would recommend NextBase 512G. Here is a footage from my recent trip to Hellfire Pass on Renault Kadjar.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1nbu5qqe4M

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMlpsSNmIdM
    Last edited by Brummie; 15 May 2017, 06:20.

Comment

Slightly off topic but, daughter got a car jumping a red light on her dash cam, number plate clearly visible. She notified the local police on their web site. Amazingly, they called her and asked if they could call round to get the video clip on a memory stick. Maybe the driver got way with it, but he likely got a darn good telling off in the process.
      Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
      Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
        Great news that you're back in employment, but you need to check back with your Benefits Adviser. Child Benefit doesn't automatically disappear because you're in work. It doesn't start to taper off until you or the missus earns 50k!
        Thank you but I've been in "employment" for over 4 years now. And thank you, I know how it works, and its much more than £50K!
        Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Brummie View Post
          I would recommend NextBase 512G. Here is a footage from my recent trip to Hellfire Pass on Renault Kadjar.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1nbu5qqe4M

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMlpsSNmIdM
          No option to include vehicle speed?
          How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
            Thank you but I've been in "employment" for over 4 years now. And thank you, I know how it works, and its much more than £50K!
            Christ, you must be putting in some serious overtime. Kudos!

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
              No option to include vehicle speed?
              There are options to include vehicle speed, vehicle number plate etc. During the initial couple of videos I disabled them. I have now enabled them. 512G has got very good clarity (youtube optimises video which makes it a bit blurry though) and it has Polarizing Filter as well.

Comment

Do you keep your dash cams attached when not in the car or do you remove them every time you leave the car?

Had a few break ins to cars in our area recently so assumed it would be best to put it away when not driving. Knowing my memory I'd never remember to attach it

Comment

Originally posted by VillageContractor View Post
                  Do you keep your dash cams attached when not in the car or do you remove them every time you leave the car?

Had a few break ins to cars in our area recently so assumed it would be best to put it away when not driving. Knowing my memory I'd never remember to attach it
                  I kept it in my car attached and learned the lesson in a hard way. Cost of lesson - £250. Passenger side was broken into and dash cam was stolen. Nowadays I remove it whenever I leave the car even for few minutes. Annoying but I am getting used to it.

Comment

Might get a dash cam for my motor.

And a minigun.

Comment

Working...
                    X