• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

'Dark Knight' workplace vigilante

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    I would have reported him.

Seriously there are people with hidden conditions/disabilities who find the only place they can take medication/sort themselves out is in the toilet. It is none of his business whether people have these conditions/disabilities.

And that's ignoring women who are pregnant or breast feeding.

Again the disability aspect can be used to tell him to pipe down.

If he had been threatened with the sack by a couple of people with disabilities/pregnant/breast feeding or flexible working reporting him, he may have stopped doing that.
    In your case, have you reported him?
    This kind of crap is more bullying rather than something else.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
      I would have reported him.

Seriously there are people with hidden conditions/disabilities who find the only place they can take medication/sort themselves out is in the toilet. It is none of his business whether people have these conditions/disabilities.

And that's ignoring women who are pregnant or breast feeding.

Again the disability aspect can be used to tell him to pipe down.

If he had been threatened with the sack by a couple of people with disabilities/pregnant/breast feeding or flexible working reporting him, he may have stopped doing that.
      Yes good point never thought of that. I never did report him just totally ignored what he said. I used to get the feeling that some of the other managers knew what he was like. For the "not leaving office at lunchtime" thing I just said "umm no I dont think so".

This guy had previously worked in councils etc and though he knew it all to be honest. Used to think his mission in life was to improve everyone - even the contractors. When he used to have a dig at me, he was totally convinced that this is how things were supposed to work and did in all other places. I pointed out to him on more than one occasion that, having worked at a LOT of places over the years, inc some household names, no-one had ever implemented the strange ideas that he had or had an issue with what I did.

But he wouldn't listen. It got to be a weekly occurence where I got dragged in for a chat.

I did wind him up a bit though. I'd book meetings in the other office at 4pm (which was 10 mins from my house, but 30 mins away from head office where we normally worked, and 30 mins in the wrong direction for him to go home). I just knew he'd show up (even though he wasnt one of the attendees - as I said hed turn up just to check I was there) and then have to drive another 30 mins home. Sometimes, I'd make up meetings and cancel at last minute (and stay in head office) and know he'd have turned up for no reason. Childish I know. :-@
      Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
        Yes good point never thought of that. I never did report him just totally ignored what he said. I used to get the feeling that some of the other managers knew what he was like. For the "not leaving office at lunchtime" thing I just said "umm no I dont think so".

This guy had previously worked in councils etc and though he knew it all to be honest. Used to think his mission in life was to improve everyone - even the contractors. When he used to have a dig at me, he was totally convinced that this is how things were supposed to work and did in all other places. I pointed out to him on more than one occasion that, having worked at a LOT of places over the years, inc some household names, no-one had ever implemented the strange ideas that he had or had an issue with what I did.

But he wouldn't listen. It got to be a weekly occurence where I got dragged in for a chat.

I did wind him up a bit though. I'd book meetings in the other office at 4pm (which was 10 mins from my house, but 30 mins away from head office where we normally worked, and 30 mins in the wrong direction for him to go home). I just knew he'd show up (even though he wasnt one of the attendees - as I said hed turn up just to check I was there) and then have to drive another 30 mins home. Sometimes, I'd make up meetings and cancel at last minute (and stay in head office) and know he'd have turned up for no reason. Childish I know. :-@
        Interesting insight into how the part-and-parcel-BAU-monkey brigade get their kicks.

Comment

Working...
        X