• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Public Sector Contracts

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Public Sector Contracts

Perhaps a silly question but seeing contracts advertised with the following: This role has been deemed to be working inside or IR35 and will pay £350 + HP PAYE or £450 UMBRELLA. I understand the umbrella angle but what does £x + HP PAYE mean?

Originally posted by geoffreywhereveryoumaybe View Post
    Perhaps a silly question but seeing contracts advertised with the following: This role has been deemed to be working inside or IR35 and will pay £350 + HP PAYE or £450 UMBRELLA. I understand the umbrella angle but what does £x + HP PAYE mean?
    Who cares? It's an hourly rate!

http://www.networkerstechnology.com/...-essex-england

IT Business Analyst (x3)
    Ref No. EMP389782
    Salary £350 - £450/hour
    Location Essex, England
    Start date ASAP
    Job type Contract (3 Months)
    Job Status Applicants Required

Comment

£350 per hour? I'll do it.

Presumably it's your take home after all the tax is removed.
      Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
        £350 per hour? I'll do it.

Presumably it's your take home after all the tax is removed.
        People like you accepting these crappy hourly rates that makes it hard for the rest of us.

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
          People like you accepting these crappy hourly rates that makes it hard for the rest of us.
          You shouldn't be so greedy. How many solid gold Rolls Royces do you need anyway?
          Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

This role has been deemed to be working inside or IR35
            In that case, I'll work inside thanks. It might rain and ruin my laptop.
            Best Forum Advisor 2014
            Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
            Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
              In that case, I'll work inside thanks. It might rain and ruin my laptop.
              The old man worked when he was inside, but the STD rates were shocking.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
                Sewing mail bags?

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
                  Originally posted by stek View Post
                  Sewing mail bags?
                  Nah i think the implication was he was getting the 'D'.

If you know what i mean.

😉

Comment

I *assume* HP PAYE means being an FTC on HP's payroll, with a lower rate to reflect employment rights. I *guess* Employer NICs are on top of that.

The £450 is a typical Umbrella arrangement.

I saw an Enterprise Architect role advertised this week with those rates. Not sure EAs get out of bed for that.
                    Taking a break from contracting

Comment

Working...
                    X