• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Crazy news - police investigation for blasphemy ???

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crazy news - police investigation for blasphemy ???

Stephen Fry under police investigation for blasphemy after branding God an 'utter maniac'
    Stephen Fry under police investigation for blasphemy after branding God 'an utter maniac'

I thought civilised Western nations had grown out of such nonsense.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    Stephen Fry under police investigation for blasphemy after branding God 'an utter maniac'

Saw this story myself ... me-thinks it's the followers of the sky fairies that are utter maniacs! Religion has a lot to answer for in this world.
    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

I bet he is not brave enough to brand Allah an utter maniac.

Interesting that Saint Fry believes in God - I assumed he would be intelligent enough to realise no-one knows if God exists or not.

Comment

I think it's in reference to below.... completely agree with him.

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

n the interview, Fry replied when asked what he would say if he was confronted by God: “How dare you create a world in which there is such misery that is not our fault? It’s not right.

“It’s utterly, utterly evil.

“Why should I respect a capricious, mean-minded, stupid God who creates a world which is so full of injustice and pain?”

Warming to the theme, Byrne asked Fry how he would react if he was locked outside the pearly gates, to which Fry responded: “I would say, ‘Bone cancer in children? What’s that about?’

“Because the God who created this universe, if it was created by God, is quite clearly a maniac, utter maniac.

“Totally selfish. We have to spend our life on our knees thanking him? What kind of God would do that?”

That pretty much covers the subject for me, spot on , he may be an arrogant tit but he is a correct and bloody intelligent arrogant tit!

You know Allah & Jehovah is the same supernatural sky fairy don't you?
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post

Prove God exists and he's guilty of defamation.
            What happens in General, stays in General.
            You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Christ on a bike.

Comment

Oh my Cod...

Comment

God impregnated a woman without her consent.

Isn’t that worse than rape?

Comment

Working...
                  X