• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Big ticket expense items

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Big ticket expense items

Contractor newbie here. What are som big ticket expense items you have claimed. So far I have claimed petty amounts for stationery, phone bills, etc.

A couple of large yachts.

Comment

Enough to buy lots of radiators that don't require regular bleeding....

Comment

A set of clean chutney spoons.

Comment

Oh, the usual... computers, cameras, lenses (all work related, for an image processing project), access to developer programmes (Demandware), licenses for expensive software.
          You're awesome! Get yourself a t-shirt.

Comment

Originally posted by squarepeg View Post
            Oh, the usual... computers, cameras, lenses (all work related, for an image processing project), access to developer programmes (Demandware), licenses for expensive software.
            Boring git.

What about high class hookers and Columbia's finest marching powder?

Comment

Gold bullion ...can't go wrong
              How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

I had a friend(oh okay then, someone I worked with) who claimed a new kitchen. It was quite painful when HMRC crawled up his bottom without lube.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                  I had a friend(oh okay then, someone I worked with) who claimed a new kitchen. It was quite painful when HMRC crawled up his bottom without lube.
                  Why just a kitchen? Amateur.

He should have claimed a eco-shed in his garden with chill out area, kictenchette and bathroom because it was his study.
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                    Boring git.

What about high class hookers and Columbia's finest marching powder?
                    I can still talk the pants off a woman so no need to pay for the hookers. As for drugs, I have never wanted to take any. I just fail to see the point of chemically altering the state of my mind.
                    You're awesome! Get yourself a t-shirt.

Comment

Working...
                    X