• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reality is not real.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
    Everything does happen at once. The big bang and the life and death of the physical universe was all over in an instant. ...
    Maybe from a suitable perspective, but that obviously isn't true from every perspective (ours for example, experiencing our universe as commonly understood). Otherwise there would be no distinguishing features or separation of energy in any form.
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
      Maybe from a suitable perspective, but that obviously isn't true from every perspective (ours for example, experiencing our universe as commonly understood). Otherwise there would be no distinguishing features or separation of energy in any form.

Yes we love to be selfish as if the universe revolves around our species.

When the aliens arrive and say they crossed the universe to get here just for a day out and we say but you can't travel faster than light, they'll just say "what's light?".

Of course they may already be here and we just can't detect them as they exist in a different dimension than our senses and sensors can detect.

Where's all the dark matter? Everywhere, we just need to evolve something better than eyes to see it.
      Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Where's all the dark matter? Everywhere, we just need to evolve something better than eyes to see it.
        Better eyes won't work. I'm sure dark matter comprises tachyons (mass-energy particles and fields travelling backwards in time and hence faster than light).

That's the reason it won't interact with normal matter other than "in bulk" via gravity - To do so would violate causality, because you could use it to signal from the future to the past.

Also tachyons constantly accelerate and in doing so they lose energy. So in the limit, they may manifest themselves as dark energy, gently and uniformly expanding the whole observable universe.
        Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Cogito ergo invoice
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Yes we love to be selfish as if the universe revolves around our species.
            Actually, it revolves around me.
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
              Actually, it revolves around me.
              It's more likely to revolve around MF according to science, specifically Newton's law of universal gravitation.
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
              X