• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Brexiteers lose it over LePen

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chopper View Post
    The problem is that 1/3 voted for Le Pen. The proportion voting for Le Pen is double that who voted for her dad in 2002.

This could lead to complacency thus allowing that proportion to increase in 2022, especially since you have Juncker mistakenly thinking it was a French referendum on remaining in the EU. Why reform the EU if you believe that 2/3 people voted for Macron because he is pro-EU rather than simply rejecting Le Pen and everything she stands for.

There is an increasing anti-EU movement across the EU which just hasn't hit saturation point yet. We've seen it in Austria, Netherlands and France. If they don't deal with it, then it really is only a matter of time. And it seems the way they plan to deal with it is to punish Britain for daring to leave as a stick to beat their own populations with. The EU was *never* our friend, we just had the money they wanted even though we had to borrow it to pay them, of course.

Yes, it is a good thing that Le Pen lost, but the vote she got needs to be worrying people. There are 1/3 of people in France who thought voting for Le Pen was the better option. That is an awful place to be. At least in 2015, only 12.6% could bring themselves to vote UKIP. Yes, I know in France this was a two horse race, but a couple of weeks ago Le Pen's share of the vote was 21.3%
    +1
    http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

[QUOTE=chopper;2412084]The problem is that 1/3 voted for Le Pen. [QUOTE]

The problem with statistic and percentages is that unless presented fully they can lie. From what I gathered from the news was that 66% of valid votes cast of those that voted ( only 75% of those eligible to vote) voted for macron. Another 12% of ballot papers were spoilt. Which means that 37% of the French voting population were not convinced by either individual. That means that Macron only has the backing of 49.5% of the French population.

Comment

Well Marcon has a strategy to entice Le Pen's voters

You can have migrants, we'll have bankers: France tells UK

France would cease keeping migrants in Calais and tempt bankers to relocate from Britain if the country exits the European
        Union, economy minister Emmanuel Macron told the Financial Times.
        Not surprising that Mr Farage is none too happy.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

It's worth highlighting that 51% of youth votes for 'anti-establishment' anti EU anti globalist candidates in round 1 (Melenchon 30%, Le Pen 21%).

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
            It's worth highlighting that 51% of youth votes for 'anti-establishment' anti EU anti globalist candidates in round 1 (Melenchon 30%, Le Pen 21%).
            Melenchon and Le Pen are both anti-status quo but Le Pen is not anti-establishment. Overall, capitalists (with the exception of Jewish capitalists of course) do very nicely under fascism, through the suppression of workers' rights.

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
              Either one of them would be as successful as the anti-establishment Greek Prime minister Tspiras was, i.e. they might "feel better" having voted for him but they'll still be unemployed.

Le Pen already said France wouldn't be leaving the Euro, she would introduce a parallel currency for ordinary people, so basically people would use Franc notes, but it would still in effect be the Euro.
              I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
                Well Marcon has a strategy to entice Le Pen's voters

You can have migrants, we'll have bankers: France tells UK

Not surprising that Mr Farage is none too happy.

I have no problem with the there being migrant camp in England - for migrants from England trying to get back into France.

But if France thinks that it can simply let migrants travel all the way through France and then get on a ferry illegally to the uk then they can fook off.

:sigh:

They can probably keep the bankers as well...

Comment

On bbc news this morning there were die-hard Labour supporters in the NE saying they would vote Tory. As Tory will implement Brexit.

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
                    Either one of them would be as successful as the anti-establishment Greek Prime minister Tspiras was, i.e. they might "feel better" having voted for him but they'll still be unemployed.
                    It's exceptionally difficult to achieve an anti-establishment result. But I wouldn't be complacent, or be over confident that the tide is going out.

Comment

Originally posted by chopper View Post
                      Yes, it is a good thing that Le Pen lost, but the vote she got needs to be worrying people. There are 1/3 of people in France who thought voting for Le Pen was the better option. That is an awful place to be. At least in 2015, only 12.6% could bring themselves to vote UKIP. Yes, I know in France this was a two horse race, but a couple of weeks ago Le Pen's share of the vote was 21.3%
                      Originally posted by Yorkie62 View Post

The problem with statistic and percentages is that unless presented fully they can lie. From what I gathered from the news was that 66% of valid votes cast of those that voted ( only 75% of those eligible to vote) voted for macron. Another 12% of ballot papers were spoilt. Which means that 37% of the French voting population were not convinced by either individual. That means that Macron only has the backing of 49.5% of the French population.
                      I make it, of those eligible to vote:
                      Didn't vote: 26%
                      Spoiled papers: 9%
                      Le Pen: 22%
                      Macron: 43%
                      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
                      X