• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Brexiteers lose it over LePen

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    On bbc news this morning there were die-hard Labour supporters in the NE saying they would vote Tory. As Tory will implement Brexit.
    It is exquisite how the global élite has persuaded a section on impoverished people to vote against their own economic self interest.

It's just a more refined version of Smethwick in 1964.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smethwi...neral_election

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
      It is exquisite how the global élite has persuaded a section on impoverished people to vote against their own economic self interest.

It's just a more refined version of Smethwick in 1964.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smethwi...neral_election
      So is Brexit a conspiracy by the elite or the EU or both? It's hard to keep up.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Equalizer View Post
        So is Brexit a conspiracy by the elite or the EU or both? It's hard to keep up.
        Did I say Brexit was a conspiracy of the EU?

Comment

Originally posted by chopper View Post
          At least in 2015, only 12.6% could bring themselves to vote UKIP. Yes, I know in France this was a two horse race, but a couple of weeks ago Le Pen's share of the vote was 21.3%
          But 52% did in 2016. Following the trend 91% will vote UKIP in 2017, which would be an extreme outcome to say the least but May's likely to win a landslide either way.
          Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
            But 52% did in 2016. Following the trend 91% will vote UKIP in 2017, which would be an extreme outcome to say the least but May's likely to win a landslide either way.
            Isn't there a difference between a trend and extraoplation?

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
              Did I say Brexit was a conspiracy of the EU?
              I'll re-word it. Is Brexit for the elite, or is the EU for the elite, or are both?

Comment

Originally posted by The_Equalizer View Post
                I'll re-word it. Is Brexit for the elite, or is the EU for the elite, or are both?
                The elite can profit from both.

Brexit could me mightily tough, but the UK needs a cold shower to wake up and address some fundamental issues that have been toxic for many years. Very few like cold showers, but my god they can be quite invigorating!
                http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Originally posted by Yorkie62 View Post

The problem with statistic and percentages is that unless presented fully they can lie. From what I gathered from the news was that 66% of valid votes cast of those that voted ( only 75% of those eligible to vote) voted for macron. Another 12% of ballot papers were spoilt. Which means that 37% of the French voting population were not convinced by either individual. That means that Macron only has the backing of 49.5% of the French population.
                  Stronger showing than Brexit then, which only got the backing of 37.4% of the UK electorate.

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
                    The elite can profit from both.

Brexit could me mightily tough, but the UK needs a cold shower to wake up and address some fundamental issues that have been toxic for many years. Very few like cold showers, but my god they can be quite invigorating!
                    If the UK didn't have off-the-scale housing costs things would be rather rosey for the general population I suspect.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                      Stronger showing than Brexit then, which only got the backing of 37.4% of the UK electorate.
                      It's been said before, but if anyone doesn't feel strong enough to either post their vote or get their a5se down to the polling station then they've no reason to moan.

Comment

Working...
                      X