• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Facebook nuclear button

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    How do I delete all record of my visits to NLyUK?
    You'll need a ******* good doctor.

Comment

Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
      Just Unfollow people/groups and you won't get status updates.

Social media is a blinkin pain indeed.

I deleted my WhatsApp account recently because so many people kept adding me to groups - "let's go on holiday", "Friday night dinner", "My family group", "Photos from last week's wedding", "Look at ME Look at ME!!" .... zzzzzzzzzz - it was bloody annoying, even when I had all the groups on Silent. So I deleted it and everyone thinks I'm either depressed or about to run away from my life/wife or something. As if suddenly WhatsApp (or any social media for that matter) is now so critical to one's existence that if you don't use it then there must be something wrong with you.

Amazing how much time I've won back from not being involved on WhatsApp any more.

Rant over.
      If I could find a way of turning off all notifications of any description , I'd probably keep the account just to see what old friends are up to once in a blue moon.

I haven't, as yet, successfully found a way to do that via their labyrinthine user interface

Perhaps I need to get my 12 year old niece over to sort it out for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Blue Plymouth View Post
        If I could find a way of turning off all notifications of any description , I'd probably keep the account just to see what old friends are up to once in a blue moon.

I haven't, as yet, successfully found a way to do that via their labyrinthine user interface

Perhaps I need to get my 12 year old niece over to sort it out for me.
        Deactivate rather than delete.

http://www.facebook.com/help/2505639...=hc_global_nav

Comment

Where FB and whatsapp are a pain is when people feel they must document every fart they make. If you use it just as a communication tool(as opposed to a substitute for a social life), it can be quite useful. Since you can mute conversation and ignore posts and people, it's not really an inconvenience. A old friend of mine mentioned on FB he was driving to Southern Europe, I invited him to drop by on his way, and we met up - first time in over 20 years. I really think people do get overly precious about how awful social meedja is. It's no more than a glorified telephone. Or letter. You're only bombarded if you want to be or you are technologically incompetent.
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
            If you use it just as a communication tool(as opposed to a substitute for a social life), it can be quite useful. Since you can mute conversation and ignore posts and people, it's not really an inconvenience. A old friend of mine mentioned on FB he was driving to Southern Europe, I invited him to drop by on his way, and we met up - first time in over 20 years. I really think people do get overly precious about how awful social meedja is. It's no more than a glorified telephone. Or letter. You're only bombarded if you want to be or you are technologically incompetent.
            This.

Even if you can't figure out how to stop FB from emailing you, just hit spam in your mail app.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
              Where FB and whatsapp are a pain is when people feel they must document every fart they make. If you use it just as a communication tool(as opposed to a substitute for a social life), it can be quite useful. Since you can mute conversation and ignore posts and people, it's not really an inconvenience. A old friend of mine mentioned on FB he was driving to Southern Europe, I invited him to drop by on his way, and we met up - first time in over 20 years. I really think people do get overly precious about how awful social meedja is. It's no more than a glorified telephone. Or letter. ou're only bombarded if you want to be or you are technologically incompetent.
              From what I recall, there seems to be many different levels of alerts all of which are configurable from different obscure places. And I swear they reset themselves because just the other night I forgot to put my phone on silent and was woken by an email telling me my sister-in-law had liked something on StuffOnMyCat.com

Anyhow, I just can't be bothered with it all. I just want it to go away so shall be following NLYUK's link.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Blue Plymouth View Post
                From what I recall, there seems to be many different levels of alerts all of which are configurable from different obscure places. And I swear they reset themselves because just the other night I forgot to put my phone on silent and was woken by an email telling me my sister-in-law had liked something on StuffOnMyCat.com

Anyhow, I just can't be bothered with it all. I just want it to go away so shall be following NLYUK's link.
                Either delete the app from your phone, or set up a filter on your mailbox

Comment

Working...
                X