• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

These 'online mattresses'

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    Go and buy a mattress from a shop. Try it in the shop, give the shop your business.
    Buying something that you spend 1/3 of your life lying on shouldn't be down to online pressure selling.
    The whole point of "try it and return it if you don't like it" is the hassle of getting it delivered and into your bedroom means you're more likely to keep it, coupled with the hassle of getting it out and collected - that's a calculated risk by the business. Even if it isn't the best mattress in the world (and how would you know, you've not tired others in shops), you'll end up keeping it.
    I went to the shop, tried it, then went back home, looked at other reviews e.g. for durability and if they actually did last as they said they would, plus compared prices... as it happens the mattress I was interested in was actually cheapest in the shop as they had sales and extra special offer that weekend, so I ordered it from the shop... I do the same with many things I go to shops try them and see the touch/feel of them, and they compare the prices and reviews online...

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
      There are other ways of trying mattresses
      The 'Poppins' method?

Comment

Originally posted by PhiltheGreek View Post
        The 'Poppins' method?
        That is one way, the other way I can think off is completely innocent.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by tarbera View Post
          This !!!

Go to the shop, knock one out yourself or take a partner for naughty fun, have a nap and a bag of crisps as a full test
          only one partner? How boring.
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
            only one partner? How boring.
            Well, you could take 27 partners, but having left them all, just go with Pam and her five friends.
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
              Simba et al, I forget the names but they keep coming up on FaceBook "best mattress in the world. radicalise your sleep. try it and return it if you don't like it" Anyone got one? Are they anything special?
              I ordered one a couple of months ago. The mattress is OK but I've discovered I'm not a fan of memory foam so returned it last week. The return process was much easier than I thought. Logged onto the Simba website went to online chat and told the person on the other end I wasn't too fussed with the mattress. They sent a couple of guys in a van to pick it up a couple of days later.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                Well, you could take 27 partners, but having left them all, just go with Pam and her five friends.
                projecting again hey?

we hit 20 years married this year!

Mrs V a glutton for punishment (sometimes, other times ).
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                  projecting again hey?

we hit 20 years married this year!

Mrs V a glutton for punishment (sometimes, other times ).
                  Congratulations. I was making a joke about a 40 year relationship that is ending.
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                  X