• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contractor's Best Friend(ish): SatNav

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Contractor's Best Friend(ish): SatNav

Now I'm doing all sorts of long drives to all sorts of weird places I thought I should invest in a SatNav. Which one comes recommended from you lot? Ideally one that has traffic updates and can re-route me (not into a dyke or anything though).

Hmmm considering the use of the word dyke and what the likely replies might be....

Comment

Originally posted by DanTheMan
      Hmmm considering the use of the word dyke and what the likely replies might be....

Try Tesco £99

Comment

Originally posted by DanTheMan
        Now I'm doing all sorts of long drives to all sorts of weird places I thought I should invest in a SatNav. Which one comes recommended from you lot? Ideally one that has traffic updates and can re-route me (not into a dyke or anything though).

TomTom definately.. Traffic is extra, but it's simply excellent in my experience. I've taken it all over England and Wales. It's only been wrong once, and sometimes finds the smallest roads and routes you through them..

By and large, it's top notch. It's interface is colourful, you can zoom in and out in 3D.. the only bad thing is it may take a while to get use to the GUI..

but i havent seen a Better one..
        To be or not to be... or get someone else to be, and take the slack for it.

Comment

I use TomTom 6 on my PDA with a bluetooth GPS... works a treat, and the Points of Interest is useful... I can locate a restaurant, dial it up with a click to make a reservation, then navigate my way there. Its really quite handy - and I don't even drive!
          Vieze Oude Man

Comment

Originally posted by mcquiggd
            Its really quite handy - and I don't even drive!
            Not afraid to get mugged in Scotland now? Maybe you started wearing kilt to look local?

Comment

I'm still careful, and always make sure female friends get home ok... it's getting to the time of year when most attacks take place... dark nights, near christmas, people drinking... so lots of chavs think they can pick on people on their way home, or drunks just lash out.
              Vieze Oude Man

Comment

My NavMan is still broken...
                "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

My AA map works perfectly.
                  Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan
                    My AA map works perfectly.
                    Yes, but the roads are silly.

Comment

Working...
                    X