• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Houses near Bury and Bolton seem pretty expensive

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    You've got to know the area to appreciate the price variances. Affetside is a lovely rural spot right on the tops. The 'local' pub called the Wagon and Horses has had a great make over and views are spectacular up there. Quick drive in any direction will take you past some very grand bespoke houses so you are in premium position. The prices start going doing as you drift towards Bolton or Bury until you hit the outskirts and then they start costing more along the lines you were probably thinking.

I'd guess it's much the same in an rural location. They have a popular hotspot with scattered bespoke properties.

Knowing the area I'd say that's not a bad price for what you are getting, particular with the barn sounding like it's prime for re-development.

If you are looking for a modern pad you could buy my place which is on the market not so far down the same road.
    4 bed property for sale in Bradshaw Road, Tottington, Bury BL8 - 41875678 - Zoopla

I want that house!

Houses in my area for that price would be half the size and really old. That's ready to move into. Beautiful.

Comment

Working...
    X