• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

More guff from the anti-smoking Nazis

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You think that's bad:

Worker gets the sack for smoking at home | Daily Mail Online

Doctor fired employee for smoking at home: suit | New York Post
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
      You jammy git. It used to be quite easy to find "smoking" hotels, now it's virtually impossible. As for pubs, we even have some who ban smoking outside, except for small areas well away from the middle class occasional drinkers.
      Oh, and fags are less than €6 a packet here )although on Saturday I accidentally ended up in Luxembourg and they're even cheaper)...Now you know why Farage wants German citizenship
      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Great idea. Why do people still smoke in this day and age anyway? (says this smug ex-smoker)

Comment

It won't affect me, I'm objecting to the principle that "health experts" who are funded by the state have to justify their existence by interfering in other people lives. It's not the job of the state to dictate how people live their lives (unless you live in the EU of course ).
          That would be true if smokers didn't rely on the state for their fooking health care. You really are very stupid indeed.
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by Elliegirl View Post
            Great idea. Why do people still smoke in this day and age anyway? (says this smug ex-smoker)
            Don't be too smug. I'm an ex smoker too but it's a myth that your risk of lung cancer falls. It remains elevated forever. Basically smoking is like a death escalator, the point at which you get off, your risk remains at that point. It doesn't decline.
            The good news is that your cardiovascular risk does decline.
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

Smoking is banned by most landlords (me included) in the private sector so why not in the public sector?.

Comment

It won't affect me, I'm objecting to the principle that "health experts" who are funded by the state have to justify their existence by interfering in other people lives. It's not the job of the state to dictate how people live their lives (unless you live in the EU of course ).
                That was a party political broadcast by the Dutch Party for Neighbourly Love, Freedom, and Diversity.

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
                  Smoking is banned by most landlords (me included) in the private sector so why not in the public sector?.
                  Because the taxpayer - everyone in the UK - pays for social housing including smokers.
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                    Because the taxpayer - everyone in the UK - pays for social housing including smokers.
                    And their lung cancer treatment, gets paid by the tax payer as well

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                      Do you still live in a council house?
                      Nice try.
                      His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Working...
                      X