• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

More guff from the anti-smoking Nazis

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    Psst, Mordac, tell her you're giving up, so she donates, but then don't. That'll be the best of two worlds!
    Oh come on Owlhoot. I want Mordac to be with us for as long as possible and you are NOT HELPING!!

Comment

Originally posted by BoggyMcCBoggyFace View Post
      Yeah his treatment was good, it wasn't the cancer that killed him in the end but it was infection he caught after while having chemo he was so close to making as well. The infection came on suddenly, literally within an hr of being ok he collapsed, and a few hours later had gone, it was his final round of chemo as well he had already had 3 sessions. I always remember the day as I had missed call from him a few minutes before he collapsed, I rang back but he never answered
      Sorry that sucks.

All very well talking about "enjoy yourself", but I can't believe any 40 year olds having heart attacks or strokes are glad about it. My brother (who was a heavy smoker) had a lung cancer scare at 40 that fortunately turned out to be only an absess, but he's gone cold turkey on the cigarettes since. But then our mother died at 67 only 2 years ago despite being pretty healthy and taking care of herself; just happened to get a terminal illness. It does make you think about putting money away for pensions or whatever.

My Dad gave up smoking in his 50s after seeing a documentary on TV about a bloke who lost his legs due to smoking. Somewhat irrational perhaps, but he said the thought of losing his legs scared him far more than death and so he stopped there and then.
      Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
        Sorry that sucks.

All very well talking about "enjoy yourself", but I can't believe any 40 year olds having heart attacks or strokes are glad about it. My brother (who was a heavy smoker) had a lung cancer scare at 40 that fortunately turned out to be only an absess, but he's gone cold turkey on the cigarettes since. But then our mother died at 67 only 2 years ago despite being pretty healthy and taking care of herself; just happened to get a terminal illness. It does make you think about putting money away for pensions or whatever.

My Dad gave up smoking in his 50s after seeing a documentary on TV about a bloke who lost his legs due to smoking. Somewhat irrational perhaps, but he said the thought of losing his legs scared him far more than death and so he stopped there and then.
        A school friend of mines dad who was in his 40s when I was school had bad legs due to smoking. About 10 years later he was in a wheelchair due to losing them.

The saddest thing for me was seeing as a teenager him limping down the street with his youngest son who was 7.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
        X