• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

More guff from the anti-smoking Nazis

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More guff from the anti-smoking Nazis

Smoking may be banned in new council homes, says health expert - BBC News

Smoking could be banned in some new council homes in a bid to protect the health of children, a UK public health expert has said.
    Under the proposals, tenants would be asked to sign an agreement not to light up inside their home.
    President of the Faculty of Public Health, Prof John Middleton, says some councils and housing associations are already exploring the smoke-free housing idea.

Why are taxpayers still paying for these people? Smoking is now banned everywhere except in one's own home, and now they want to start banning that. Chunts.
    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Originally posted by Mordac View Post

Smoking could be banned in some new council homes in a bid to protect the health of children, a UK public health expert has said.
    Under the proposals, tenants would be asked to sign an agreement not to light up inside their home.
    President of the Faculty of Public Health, Prof John Middleton, says some councils and housing associations are already exploring the smoke-free housing idea.

Why are taxpayers still paying for these people? Smoking is now banned everywhere except in one's own home, and now they want to start banning that. Chunts.
    When you live in council accommodation you are a tenant, not an owner. The owner may impose any legally enforceable requirements and you can take it or leave it.
    You're awesome! Get yourself a t-shirt.

Comment

Can you blame that on Brexit? I'm lucky, I can even smoke in my hotel room and pubs here
      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by squarepeg View Post
        When you live in council accommodation you are a tenant, not an owner. The owner may impose any legally enforceable requirements and you can take it or leave it.
        As a council tenant you don't have the choice. It's totally unenforceable, of course, unless they are planning to impose smoke detectors linked to CCTV in all council homes.
        His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Feck off. If you're too unenterprising to get your own house and rely on the nanny state for that, don't complain if the nanny state makes rules for you.
          Infantilism writ large
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
            Can you blame that on Brexit? I'm lucky, I can even smoke in my hotel room and pubs here
            You jammy git. It used to be quite easy to find "smoking" hotels, now it's virtually impossible. As for pubs, we even have some who ban smoking outside, except for small areas well away from the middle class occasional drinkers.

Comment

As a council tenant you don't have the choice. It's totally unenforceable, of course, unless they are planning to impose smoke detectors linked to CCTV in all council homes.
              Do you still live in a council house?
              What happens in General, stays in General.
              You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                Feck off. If you're too unenterprising to get your own house and rely on the nanny state for that, don't complain if the nanny state makes rules for you.
                Infantilism writ large
                It won't affect me, I'm objecting to the principle that "health experts" who are funded by the state have to justify their existence by interfering in other people lives. It's not the job of the state to dictate how people live their lives (unless you live in the EU of course ).

Comment

Don't they do regular visits to council homes? It's pretty obvious if people are smoking.

It won't affect me, I'm objecting to the principle that "health experts" who are funded by the state have to justify their existence by interfering in other people lives. It's not the job of the state to dictate how people live their lives (unless you live in the EU of course ).
                  It's not the smokers' lives they care about but their children's.

Of course, the idea that the rich should be allowed to smoke in front of their kids but the poor shouldn't is a whole other can of worms. Either subjecting your kids to passive smoking is abuse or it isn't. I would rather imagine down the line, it WILL become much more strictly controlled, more than likely.
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                    Do you still live in a council house?
                    Not yet. He keeps trying to get himself pregnant to jump the list.

Comment

Working...
                    X