• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Black suit for the interview?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Brummie View Post
    After a month in bench, I have an interview (tech role) at Canary Wharf next week. Just wondering if a black suit would be an appropriate attire.

I have never worn a suit for work or for the interview in the past, so I am a bit uncertain.
    Borrow something black from a local Pearly King.
    You're awesome! Get yourself a t-shirt.

Comment

Classic look for a perfect hit

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
        Classic look for a perfect hit

Correct

The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
          Admin hasn't made you a moderator as well???
          That'll be the day!!!*

*Sasguru rues

Comment

I have an interview on Friday. Must break out the suit and check that I washed my interview shirt after the last one 2 years ago.
            Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

After a month in bench, I have an interview (tech role) at Canary Wharf next week. Just wondering if a black suit would be an appropriate attire.

I have never worn a suit for work or for the interview in the past, so I am a bit uncertain.
              Has some sort of terrible accident befallen your valet? Perhaps, whilst the agency send another one round, you could peruse this lot for clues: The Suits of James Bond – How to dress like Bond and beyond

Comment

Sorted.

Comment

Black suit for the interview?

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post

Sorted.
                  Too much fuzz. Plain shirt patterned tie, patterned tie plain shirt.

Last edited by PurpleGorilla; 9 May 2017, 22:05.
                  http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Lovely entertaining comments. Thoroughly enjoyed it . Looks like everyone? liked that suit too. Progressed to the next and final level .

On a different a note, In my experience rarely clients go for a second round of interview (not just me, I am sure many of you must have had similar experience). Wondering if it has become a norm since Brexit.

Comment

Wondering if it has become a norm since Brexit.
                      It's become a worrying trend.

Comment

Working...
                      X