• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Fox hunting

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
    Don't know if any of you have noticed but fox hunting still happens and the foxes still die. It's just they are shot rather than left to the hounds. Although the biggest killer of foxes are cars, with a huge percentage of foxes not reaching two years of age.

[B]Also worth remembering we didn't have a problem with urban foxes until quite recently. Can't imagine why.[/]

I don't have a problem with fox hunting (I used to shoot them myself in my youth, working the farms) but I do have a problem with the Hunt and their assumption of supremacy, but that's a different issue altogether
    Well everyone likes a KFC.

There are less foxes in my area thanks to wheelie bins.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

Oh yes - and caning in schools. Especially for the thick kids. It never did sasguru any harm ....
      I dunno though. Trying too hard to make a silk purse out of sow's ear, by educating a kid beyond their modest natural academic ability, can cause all kinds of problems!
      Last edited by OwlHoot; 10 May 2017, 12:52.
      Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
        I've got videos of foxes in our garden. They have never touched our chickens.
        But don't let that fact affect your emotional opinion.
        I certainly won't let one datapoint affect my opinion based on growing up in the countryside and knowing that foxes like chickens and will enact a bloody massacre if they get the chance. I don't feel emotional about foxes.
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
          Well everyone likes a KFC.

There are less foxes in my area thanks to wheelie bins.
          You put them in the wheelie bins? Like that lady with the cat?

More seriously, is it badgers that can get into wheelie bins? We used to have badgers visit our garden and while they were gorgeous, I recall it being actually quite hard to effectively badger-proof a bin. That may have been before wheelie bins were the norm though.
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
            I've got videos of foxes in our garden. They have never touched our chickens.
            But don't let that fact affect your emotional opinion.
            And yet your own username advocates that we should kill them and Wear The Fox Hat.
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
              And yet your own username advocates that we should kill them and Wear The Fox Hat.
              Ignore him. He's a mod. "Do as we say. Not as we do".

Any more insults, and if the wind is blowing from the NE, you could face a ban...

Comment

Most foxes won’t vote Labour because Jeremy Corbyn ‘just not credible as a leader’

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                  I dunno though. Trying too hard to make a silk purse out of sow's ear, by educating a kid beyond their modest natural academic ability, can cause all kinds of problems!
                  Thank the Lord nobody attempted that with you.

Comment

Working...
                  X