• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Terrible tragedy at theme park

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Only an idiot would argue it's a good use of school time. If the parents were with her, they would have ensured her safety. As it was she was left to her own devices, high on candy floss & lack of supervision by a group of teachers who at the end of the day are just paid child minders & do not have your childs best interests at heart.

You sir, are an idiot.
    You are the idiot.

The child was particularly stupid and unfortunately this ended in her death.

Millions of children have been taken to theme parks with schools and other educational groups but haven't ended up dead.

You cannot wrap children up in cotton wool otherwise they will rebel and decide not to bother speaking my to you when they are adults.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
      You are the idiot.

Millions of children have been taken to theme parks with schools and other educational groups but haven't ended up dead.

You cannot wrap children up in cotton wool otherwise they will rebel and decide not to bother speaking my to you when they are adults.
      It's intriguing that someone who confesses outright to struggling to control their own son immediately jumps to blame teachers here.

Comment

You are the idiot.

You're both a pair of idiots.

And without adult supervision, the accident happened.

Originally posted by vwdan View Post
        It's intriguing that someone who confesses outright to struggling to control their own son immediately jumps to blame teachers here.
        See point before, I can control my own son and would make sure he was supervised, a paid child minder may not do the same.
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

You're both a pair of idiots.

And without adult supervision, the accident happened.
          The accident could have happened with adult supervision, parent or otherwise.

Some children - and I'm excluding those with special needs - simply have no sense of their own safety. This child unfortunately was one of them.

Comment

You are the idiot.

She was not stupid she was a child.

The accident could have happened with adult supervision, parent or otherwise.

Some children - and I'm excluding those with special needs - simply have no sense of their own safety. This child unfortunately was one of them.
            I disagree, with an adult probably she could be stopped when she tried to change the seat with her college.

Stupid accidents could happen even with adults.

Comment

If the parents were with her, they would have ensured her safety.
              How do you know that? How do you know that the parents would have been on the ride with her? How do you know that they would have been able to prevent an accident from happening? You are making all sorts of stupid assumptions, Katie.
              Best Forum Advisor 2014
              Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
              Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by Bee View Post
                She was not stupid she was a child.

I disagree, with an adult probably she could be stopped when she tried to change the seat with her college.

Stupid accidents could happen even with adults.
                Children by default are stupid. This why they can't be trialed as adults in court.

In fact until the age of 21-25 you don't reach adult brain capacity in understanding the consequences of your actions.

There is no way of knowing whether an adult even if they were there could have stopped her in time.

Comment

Working...
                X