• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Expensing a divorce

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Expensing a divorce

I want to run the cost of my next couple of divorces through my company. As you know, divorce is essential to my wellbeing and I can't work without it. I have asked NLyUK's accountant and they said it was fine(I think they said that - I can't be sure as he had on a gimp mask in her dungeon).

Also I want to expense the lube for when HMRC investigate my company.

Please tell me its totally allowed and all contractors do this.

Thanks in advance.

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    I want to run the cost of my next couple of divorces through my company. As you know, divorce is essential to my wellbeing and I can't work without it. I have asked NLyUK's accountant and they said it was fine(I think they said that - I can't be sure as he had on a gimp mask in her dungeon).

Also I want to expense the lube for when HMRC investigate my company.

Please tell me its totally allowed and all contractors do this.

Thanks in advance.
    Have you asked your Official Receiver?

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
      Have you asked your Official Receiver?
      In a divorce Brillo is the receiver. Well he ends up taking it anyway!
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

you need prevention not cure....

next time you think about getting married just have a w4nk and the urge will go away

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
          you need prevention not cure....

next time you think about getting married just have a w4nk and the urge will go away
          I disagree with you there.

Make sure she/he/ze/per/zie/sie/ve/e is far richer than you, preferably older and in ill health. They should hopefully die before you get fed up of each other and need to divorce leaving you richer.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

If you're going to get divorced and:
            - you hate your partner
            - you don't have kids to worry about
            - you know you'll lose most of your assets to your partner

why wouldn't you just go and gamble as much of the money you could, i.e. double or nothing?

Comment

Its totally allowed and all contractors do this.

Comment

Yep totally allowed as staff entertainment...just don't fall foul of the client entertainment rules.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                  I disagree with you there.

Make sure she/he/ze/per/zie/sie/ve/e is far richer than you, preferably older and in ill health. They should hopefully die before you get fed up of each other and need to divorce leaving you richer.
                  This is why I remain unmarried. I have yet to find anyone both rich enough and nearly dead enough.

Comment

Working...
                  X