• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Car

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    It least you weren't written off.
    +1

Hope you get it all resolved soon enough
    Growing old is mandatory
    Growing up is optional

Comment

Originally posted by Halo Jones View Post
      +1

Hope you get it all resolved soon enough
      And not ripped off too much. Insurance is great - until you come to claim.

Comment

Get over it. Public transport in Brum is good, get a bus pass instead.

Comment

Car

Sorry about your car. Lovely motor.
          Last edited by PurpleGorilla; 11 May 2017, 07:06.
          http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Sorry to hear that.

I would suggest you get a claims handling company involved. Insurance companies hate them because they have to pay for them on your behalf and if you find a decent one they will get the best value for your car. They will also handle suing the tulip out of the idiot that caused this for your inconvenience your insurance company won't care.

Comment

Took private plates off...

Comment

Originally posted by atw View Post
                took private plates off...
                a t w 6 t
                Last edited by Paddy; 11 May 2017, 09:42.
                "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                  Took private plates off...
                  My brother has private plates and recently wrote his car off (well, he says someone pulled out on him...). He said he had to get the plates off and de-registered from the car before the insurance went through or else he would lose the reg. Insurance co went bonkers because all of a sudden the number plate changed and they tried to invalidate the claim. It all got sorted in the end but it was a bit of a faff.

Comment

I talked to insurance about it first, used online DVLA which instantly returned back old plates, which thankfully I have not thrown out. That old plate was how it was registered originally with the same insurance company anyway, all should be good...

Comment

They want to see invoice for my car - proof of ownership so to speak before they pay out "large" amount in their words

Comment

Working...
                      X