• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Car

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AtW View Post
    They want to see invoice for my car - proof of ownership so to speak before they pay out "large" amount in their words
    "John" did give you one, right?

Any decision what to get, I hear Suitys selling one of these, low mileage:-

The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by bobspud View Post
      Sorry to hear that.

I would suggest you get a claims handling company involved. Insurance companies hate them because they have to pay for them on your behalf and if you find a decent one they will get the best value for your car. They will also handle suing the tulip out of the idiot that caused this for your inconvenience your insurance company won't care.
      I think I had a phone call from one of them recently....

Comment

You must be proactive in these sort of cases. Have you a figure in mind that you would accept? eg: Compensation for the loss of your car + out of pocket expenses + compensation.

I suggest that you decide on a figure (add 10-20% for negotiation) and write to them tonight saying this is the figure you want. or x amount plus you keep your car.
        "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
          a t w 6 t
          CRE71N

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
            You must be proactive in these sort of cases. Have you a figure in mind that you would accept? eg: Compensation for the loss of your car + out of pocket expenses + compensation. I suggest that you decide on a figure (add 10-20% for negotiation) and write to them tonight saying this is the figure you want. or x amount plus you keep your car.
            I'll accept market price of my car as shown by similar models on AutoTrader - £27-30k range.

Found original invoice in the car

Comment

Found original invoice in the car
              Odd place to keep it.....
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                Odd place to keep it.....
                It was in the pack with service book and manuals, which I dropped off this morning into the car with help of my collegue, then insurance company asks for stuff

Comment

AtW

Please spare us any further pain and show us the pic of the Porsher once it is really yours

Then we are done, you only live once
                  The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Might get a cheap banger - was driven today by collegue and as a passenger saw fecking awful drivers all the time

Comment

Might get a cheap banger - was driven today by collegue and as a passenger saw fecking awful drivers all the time
                      Why not get a cheap Porsche then?

His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Working...
                      X