• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Car

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Might get a cheap banger - was driven today by collegue and as a passenger saw fecking awful drivers all the time
    Yeh, well thats how a lot of us roll.

However, you are a confirmed car freak.....so.......indulge away
    The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Might get a cheap banger - was driven today by collegue and as a passenger saw fecking awful drivers all the time
      Bangers are fine until the roads are wet / crappy then you get what you pay for. Personally I don't think I could move from a 5.5 sofa to something crap. In fact when I binned my Old SL320 years ago I spent several years grumbling about the fact that I should have kept it before I bought a new one.

Prices on the R230 are outrageous at trade. I am surprised traders are asking that much when you would be luck to get 10k at trade in.

Comment

Originally posted by bobspud View Post
        Bangers are fine until the roads are wet / crappy then you get what you pay for. Personally I don't think I could move from a 5.5 sofa to something crap. In fact when I binned my Old SL320 years ago I spent several years grumbling about the fact that I should have kept it before I bought a new one.

Prices on the R230 are outrageous at trade. I am surprised traders are asking that much when you would be luck to get 10k at trade in.
        Bollocks. As long as the car is well maintained and has good tyres they are fine. I daily see a number of expensive cars with bald tyres because the owners can’t afford the horrendous costs of running them.
        "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
          Bollocks. As long as the car is well maintained and has good tyres they are fine. I daily see a number of expensive cars with bald tyres because the owners can’t afford the horrendous costs of running them.
          A bit of both. Tires are the first thing people cut back on cost-wise. When looking at buying a 'new' car the tires should be the first thing you look at. A good general rule is if they are a decent brand then the owner has looked after the car.

Atw - There's a shed load of lovely cars that can be had for £5K. For £10K you've got the pick of nearly anything you want.

Comment

get one of these a 'hot saloon'

BMW car fires raising fear and anger for owners | Daily Mail Online

Why ARE parked BMWs spontaneously catching fire across the country? Owners demand answers as dozens of the luxury German cars burst into flames while the engines were OFF
            New report finds more than 40 cases of US BMWs catching fire in past five years
            In each case, the cars were parked and not under recall by the German carmaker
            Various models between one and 15 years old implicated in the ABC News report
            Similar issue reported in other countries, sparking investigation in South Korea
            BMW denies 'any pattern related to quality or component failure' in fires
            Luxury car company blames improper maintenance and even 'rodents' for fires
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Might get a cheap banger - was driven today by colleague and as a passenger saw fecking awful drivers all the time
              In my experience most people drive respectfully and cautiously near an old banger, because they know the driver couldn't give a toss if the banger gets one more scratch or dent just adding to the many already on it!
              Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                In my experience most people drive respectfully and cautiously near an old banger, because they know the driver couldn't give a toss if the banger gets one more scratch or dent just adding to the many already on it!
                Very true.
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
                  I went from a 51 plate Saab with only 120k on the clock and a full Saab City London service history to my new car and I can tell you even with all the servicing you can get it's not as nice as a comfy warm new car when you are driving up the m4 in the rain.

Comment

Originally posted by bobspud View Post
                    I went from a 51 plate Saab with only 120k on the clock and a full Saab City London service history to my new car and I can tell you even with all the servicing you can get it's not as nice as a comfy warm new car when you are driving up the m4 in the rain.
                    Driving around Brum and any city you want a banger.

Driving long distance you want a nice comfy newer car.
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                      Driving around Brum and any city you want a banger.

Driving long distance you want a nice comfy newer car.
                      Or get a bangor. And replace the drivers seat.....

Comment

Working...
                      X