Working on two contracts at the same time Working on two contracts at the same time - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 11 to 18 of 18

Double Godlike!

MrMarkyMark is a fount of knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by scooterscot View Post
    I used to struggle with ethics.

But then I realised I'm charging for my experience, knowledge, part project experience, not just time and material.

Working on multiple projects has its pitfalls, however, try and ensure you plan properly. Never found it possible to switch one day to the next for different clients. Perhaps one week here another there...

And just to think, lucky CUK gets all the benefits of those attributes free and gratis

Respect my authoritah!

NotAllThere is always on top

But then I realised I'm charging for my experience, knowledge, part project experience, not just time and material.

Working on multiple projects has its pitfalls, however, try and ensure you plan properly. Never found it possible to switch one day to the next for different clients. Perhaps one week here another there...
    I frequently work on multiple contracts. My minimum granularity is the half-day. Hence some weeks, I might well bill for more than 5 days in total. However, the clients know I don't just work for them, so I rarely charge one client for five days in a single week.
    Hmm. I'm beginning to suspect that you need to find all the packing the computer came in...

More fingers than teeth

scooterscot is a fount of knowledge

Anywhere that is not broken Brexit Britain

Quote Originally Posted by NotAllThere View Post
    so I rarely charge one client for five days in a single week.
    Ich auch..
    “We've always defined ourselves by the ability to overcome the impossible. And we count these moments. These moments when we dare to aim higher, to break barriers, to reach for the stars, to make the unknown known. We count these moments as our proudest achievements. But we lost all that. Or perhaps we've just forgotten that we are still pioneers. And we've barely begun. And that our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us, because our destiny lies above us.”

Banned

LHM has no reputation

Thanks all. It is a short term thing through to the end of contract no 1, and so that I can get on-boarded quickly with the new client. I've arranged to bill by the hour so that I can do this in the evenings, and if I need to go and visit them in that time, I'll take a day 'holiday' to do this.

Fingers like lightning

GJABS - scorchio!

If the contract does not specify otherwise, my take on it is that you are being paid for the first client to be available to work for them for a minimum amount of time up to the contractor-side notice period, whether there is work for you to do or not.
    Therefore yes you can do a second contract to run alongside the first, but only if you can drop the second with no notice period should work be provided by the first.

The problem is that no-notice period contracts are rare (in my experience).

Banned

tarbera is NOT a disguised employee

Quote Originally Posted by original PM View Post
    Jfdi whats the worst that can happen?
    Problem will arise if agent does a PES check and calls up your current client/agent to confirm your leaving date was X

Client says hang on I can see him at his desk

Old Greg is my bitch's bitch

northernladyuk is a fount of knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by tarbera View Post
    Problem will arise if agent does a PES check and calls up your current client/agent to confirm your leaving date was X

Client says hang on I can see him at his desk
    Isn't PES something to do with employment?
    Where there's muck there's brass.

Respect my authoritah!

NotAllThere is always on top

So you moved to thuthics?
    Hmm. I'm beginning to suspect that you need to find all the packing the computer came in...