• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Leaked Labour manifesto

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ridicule to come in the following days from Murdoch's media machine. And the public will lap it up like a thirsty puppy who's not seen his owner for days.

Watching the UK in this entertaining act of self harm. There's just not enough popcorn..
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
      Ridicule to come in the following days from Murdoch's media machine. And the public will lap it up like a thirsty puppy who's not seen his owner for days.

Watching the UK in this entertaining act of self harm. There's just not enough popcorn..
      Exactly ...... I didn't see anything wrong with the manifesto ...

Comment

Originally posted by SandyD View Post
        General election 2017: Labour manifesto draft leaked - BBC News

I don't see anything terribly wrong in it ... yes our contractor issues which has been screwed by Osborn wont get unscrewed, and perhaps our corp tax will increase... but at least if they manage to save the NHS, address transport and utility bills, address schools, not increase VAT, not leave EU without a deal, then that's fine with me ... I just need to make sure I don't get paid more than 80K

Feck me, a little bit of wee just came out.

We would just end up a barn pot state like Venezuela, who JC had suggested was a valid model for many years (prior to the current crisis, obviously).

The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by mrmarkymark View Post
          feck me, a little bit of wee just came out.

We would just end up a barn pot state like venezuela, who jc had suggested was a valid model for many years (prior to the current crisis, obviously).

wmmms +1000

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post

nuff said !!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Yorkie62 View Post
              He is really Gandalf the grey. Have you not noticed the similarity? OK Gandalf has had a beard trim and hair cut but let's be honest it was long overdue.
              Gandalf was wise, self-sacrificing and powerful. Corbyn is dumb, self-indulgent and pitiful. In a hundred years, however, there's a chance that Gandalf won't be considered to be fictional creation.
              Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

What happened to new labour?

one day at a time

Comment

Leaked Labour manifesto

Originally posted by oscarose View Post
                  What happened to new labour?

Their stupid policies got absorbed into the Borg Tory party, where they are now seen as brilliant ideas.

http://www.thepoke.co.uk/2017/05/09/...propose-thing/
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Actually this is probably a good idea.

Assuming the wage/rate paid & exclusivity is a significant part of the proof these are probably a good thing.

Shifting the burden of proof, so that the law assumes a worker is an employee unless the employer can prove otherwise.
                    • Imposing punitive fines on employers deter others from doing the same not meeting their responsibilities
                    so if wage > higher rate tax & average for position & non exclusive then probably independent.
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by SandyD View Post
                      General election 2017: Labour manifesto draft leaked - BBC News

I don't see anything terribly wrong in it ... yes our contractor issues which has been screwed by Osborn wont get unscrewed, and perhaps our corp tax will increase... but at least if they manage to save the NHS, address transport and utility bills, address schools, not increase VAT, not leave EU without a deal, then that's fine with me ... I just need to make sure I don't get paid more than 80K
                      Please can you stop equating fixing the NHS with putting more money in to it. The NHS is a gigantic bucket with a hole that flows straight into well versed private sector companies that treat it like a hacked fruit machine. No amount of additional funds will help any government department to solve their problem as the private sector will simply grow the price to match the funds available.

if we want to fix the NHS properly then we need to start by killing PFI stone dead. Then we need to move the vested interests away from the funding and start to properly understand the true cost of what is bought not the 1000% markup that it is sold at.

Comment

Working...
                      X