• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Leaked Labour manifesto

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
    Only when Tory scum are in power, once Labour are in, they will pay what is due.
    You're right. If they stay in the country and keep making money here, they'll pay what is due. And then, they'll increase prices so their after-tax take is the same. And everyone will say, "Good for Labour, they made those evil corporations pay what they should." And then walk into the shops and pay extra money for goods and services. But the corporations will have paid, so Britain will be "fairer."

But of course, some of them will leave. People will lose their jobs. And the tax take will be lower because all those evil rich people and corporations left, so debt which our children and grandchildren have to pay will go higher and higher. But it will be "fairer." Not fairer for my grandkids, but "fairer" for all those people who think evil corporations and rich people are all that is wrong with Britain today.

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
      Blah, blah, blah

Has it occurred to you, in seeking to champion the underdog as always, that even Corbyn isn't dumb enough to show his true colours with complete candour? (although they're pretty obvious to most of us who are not entirely deluded)
      Blah blah blah

I've consistently said that I disagree with Corbyn's policies and think he's a crap leader. Nowhere am I championing him. But don't let that get in your way. Can we say "confirmation bias?"

It's "obvious" that the Tories are going to scrap the NHS if you go on Facebook and that anyone who doesn't agree is "deluded". What's "obvious" to partisan people is rarely objectively true.

This is doing the rounds on FB right now for instance - I don't think I agree but at least it's some kind of argument rather than just stating things are "obvious" because they happen to be your personal viewpoint and you're too arrogant to conceive that any other view is anything other than "deluded".

And for the hard of thinking, I STILL don't support Corbyn.
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Be afraid, be very afraid

British voters overwhelmingly back Labour’s manifesto policies, poll finds | The Independent

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
          Blah blah blah

And for the hard of thinking, I STILL support Corbyn.
          Good point, well made.

one day at a time

Comment

"Do you want an ice cream today that the big, high earning, meanies will pay for tomorrow: yes/no?".

Gosh. I'm shocked

Comment

What's in the Tory one - sorry Mrs May one?

Just the words "Strong and stable government"?
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
                The Tory policy process is top down. I prefer the Labour process, but it doesn't change the reality of their leadership. May is an oddity in that she moots/advocates policies that extend from the far right (naming and shaming employers of foreign workers) to the far left (low-level meddling in corporate affairs and pricing). As I've said before, she's a very weird hybrid, i.e. shamelessly seeking to maximise her vote . I dare say her own beliefs flow seamlessly from those of Nick Timothy, who's a well-known social reformist (in the Chamberlain mould), and I think many will be surprised at how un-Tory she turns out to be, set loose from the shackles of Hamface.
                Shocked.

Gosh, I wonder what all those rights for self-employed workers might prelude.

Comment

Labour have no chance as long as they have a "post-turtle" in charge.

For those that don't know what one of those is, it is something you might see when you drive down a country road and find a fence post with a turtle balanced on top of it.
                  You know he didn't get up there by himself, he doesn't belong up there, he doesn't know what to do now that he IS up there, he's elevated beyond his ability to function, and you just wonder what kind of dumb arse ever put him up there!!
                  “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Working...
                  X