Leaked Labour manifesto Leaked Labour manifesto
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Posts 1 to 10 of 68

Godlike

jamesbrown is a fount of knowledge

Default Leaked Labour manifesto

Weeeeeee!

All entirely irrelevant, of course, but for anyone struggling to sleep, witness such nuggets as:

Self-employed workers

Self-employment can bring many benefits, freedoms and flexibilities to people - and is a vital and often entrepreneurial sector of our economy. But there is also mounting evidence that workers are being forced into self-employment by unscrupulous employers to avoid costs and their duties to workers. Labour will clamp down on bogus self-employment by:

• Shifting the burden of proof, so that the law assumes a worker is an employee unless the employer can prove otherwise.
    • Imposing punitive fines on employers deter others from doing the same not meeting their responsibilities
    • Involving trade unions in enforcement, e.g. by giving them a seat on the executive board of the new Ministry of Labour
    • Giving the Ministry of Labour the resources to enforce workers' rights
    • Banning payroll companies, sometimes known as umbrella companies, which create a false structure to limit employers' tax liabilities and limit workers' rights
    • Giving employment agencies and end-users joint responsibility for ensuring that the rights of agency workers are enforced and strengthen trade union rights, because empowering people to claim their own rights in the workplace is the most effective means of enforcement.

My post count is Majestic

AtW is a fount of knowledge

No free SL55 AMG to every voter???

Godlike

jamesbrown is a fount of knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by AtW View Post
    No free SL55 AMG to every voter???
    I think you're what the Labour Party informally refers to as "rich scum". Under their It's Only Fair taxation policy you can expect to be aggressively "equalised". On the upside, squirrels are generally not considered to be rich scum, and they can, therefore, expect some improvements in their public services, providing they've paid all their nut taxes.

My post count is Majestic

AtW is a fount of knowledge

And what about tory Scum?

I live on CUK

SueEllen is a fount of knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by AtW View Post
    And what about tory Scum?
    We will screw you in a strong and stable way.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

I Am Legend

BrilloPad has reached the peak. Play again?

There is some good news. Those taking pictures of man hole covers to be dressed in a fox costume and released among the hounds.

I Am Legend

BrilloPad has reached the peak. Play again?

PS does anyone actually believe the leak was not deliberate? See what people think then decide what to keep. Maybe Corbyn is not completely psycho after all.

Contractor Among Contractors

Yorkie62 is NOT a disguised employee

Quote Originally Posted by BrilloPad View Post
    PS does anyone actually believe the leak was not deliberate? See what people think then decide what to keep. Maybe Corbyn is not completely psycho after all.
    He is really Gandalf the grey. Have you not noticed the similarity? OK Gandalf has had a beard trim and hair cut but let's be honest it was long overdue.

Fingers like lightning

SandyD is a permanent contractor

General election 2017: Labour manifesto draft leaked - BBC News

I don't see anything terribly wrong in it ... yes our contractor issues which has been screwed by Osborn wont get unscrewed, and perhaps our corp tax will increase... but at least if they manage to save the NHS, address transport and utility bills, address schools, not increase VAT, not leave EU without a deal, then that's fine with me ... I just need to make sure I don't get paid more than 80K

Richer than sasguru

DimPrawn is a fount of knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by SandyD View Post
    General election 2017: Labour manifesto draft leaked - BBC News

I don't see anything terribly wrong in it ... yes our contractor issues which has been screwed by Osborn wont get unscrewed, and perhaps our corp tax will increase... but at least if they manage to save the NHS, address transport and utility bills, address schools, not increase VAT, not leave EU without a deal, then that's fine with me ... I just need to make sure I don't get paid more than 80K
    Don't worry, you won't be earning anything like £80K, you along with everyone else will be on the dole if that communist rabble were elected.
    I was miserable and depressed, but CUK turned it all around. Now I'm depressed and miserable.