• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Zopa ISA (finally)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Historically 7% you mean? I bought some kind of bond with a guaranteed 4% return in my S&S ISA. S&S tend to do best but only on average. You might find the time you need the case, there ain't any. 3-4% at very low risk seems quite attractive to me - with some more risky investment topping it up once you have a buffer at that level.
    All down to risk appetite and what you understand...

Comment

Exactly. Risking money you need is foolishness.
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Fill your boots

Introducing the Zopa Innovative Finance ISA and Zopa Core

Dear MF,

I wanted to write to you and update you on our ISA Manager application, and to inform you of some changes we're making at Zopa.

Introducing our Innovative Finance ISA

Pending final approval from HMRC, I’m delighted to let you know that we intend to launch our flexible IFISA – with target returns of up to 6.1% – on 15th June. At first, to manage demand, the IFISA will only be available for existing investors, like you.

Read more

Introducing Zopa Core

In addition to our IFISA, on 15th June we’re excited to also launch our newest peer-to-peer investment product: Zopa Core (3.9% target return). Core will lend in risk markets A*-C without Safeguard coverage and will, by December 2017, replace Access and Classic.

Read more

Retiring Access and Classic

We are retiring Access and Classic from 1st December 2017, which means we will no longer be originating loans with Safeguard coverage after this date. All existing Safeguarded loans will continue to receive coverage (subject to there being sufficient funds in the trust) until December 1st, 2022, by which time all Safeguarded loans will have matured.

The fund was designed to ensure that investors only paid taxes on the net income they received from Zopa borrowers. In 2015 the tax laws were updated: enabling investors to claim for relief on losses from bad debt. As a result, the primary reason for Safeguard was removed, and we have taken the decision to retire the fund.

Read more

You can find more details of our IFISA, Core, and Safeguard’s retirement on our blog. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact our Investor Services team.

Best,

Andrew Lawson

Chief Product Officer
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

So they offer to invest into Zopa Core without critical safeguards...

I'll give it a miss and not just because what Zopa means in Russian...

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
            So they offer to invest into Zopa Core without critical safeguards...

I'll give it a miss and not just because what Zopa means in Russian...
            Yeah, my arse.

Comment

Well, happy with my Zopa ISA, nicely ticking along at just over 6% at the moment. Today was the day they were supposed to start taking ISA transfers from previous years, but alas they have told me that they are slipping that by at least 3 months. They've also applied to be a bank, which is nice.

Comment

If they become a bank does that mean we get to bail you out when it goes tits up?

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
                  If they become a bank does that mean we get to bail you out when it goes tits up?
                  I asked that. The answer was no on P2P, but they're all pushing for it.

Comment

Working...
                  X