Free money experiment Free money experiment - Page 6
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Posts 51 to 60 of 60
  1. #51

    Godlike

    barrydidit is a fount of knowledge

    barrydidit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    at the end of my tether
    Posts
    7,597

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scooterscot View Post
    That because you don't understand blockchain technology. Trust is not a prerequisite. You trust the BOE when it conjures money out of thin air, why?
    Because they have a massive building on Threadneedle street, and 400 years history of conjoring money out of thin air and honouring their promises to pay the bearer. What they say is important, and gets top billing on the news. You're pissing in the wind if you think this tulip is going to take over. Now you might well make a boat load of money (proper fiat currency) out of betting on the right horse, that's a different matter. Good luck with it.

  2. #52

    I live on CUK

    SueEllen is a fount of knowledge

    SueEllen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    in the Park
    Posts
    29,066

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by barrydidit View Post
    Because they have a massive building on Threadneedle street, and 400 years history of conjoring money out of thin air and honouring their promises to pay the bearer. What they say is important, and gets top billing on the news. You're pissing in the wind if you think this tulip is going to take over. Now you might well make a boat load of money (proper fiat currency) out of betting on the right horse, that's a different matter. Good luck with it.
    This "tulip" is more useful in the developing world were people rely on mobile phones to do banking transactions, their currency has hyperinflation and not everyone has access to a bank account.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

  3. #53

    Godlike

    barrydidit is a fount of knowledge

    barrydidit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    at the end of my tether
    Posts
    7,597

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SueEllen View Post
    This "tulip" is more useful in the developing world were people rely on mobile phones to do banking transactions, their currency has hyperinflation and not everyone has access to a bank account.
    Nah, they have gold, dollars and camels.

    On that subject, I remember an HSBC person telling me in Y2K that they had fully functioning mobile branches on big canoes to reach the inaccessible Amazonian tribal areas. Similar thing with Bank of Scotland too IIRC.

  4. #54

    I live on CUK

    SueEllen is a fount of knowledge

    SueEllen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    in the Park
    Posts
    29,066

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by barrydidit View Post
    Nah, they have gold, dollars and camels.

    On that subject, I remember an HSBC person telling me in Y2K that they had fully functioning mobile branches on big canoes to reach the inaccessible Amazonian tribal areas. Similar thing with Bank of Scotland too IIRC.
    Mobile banking allows women to save money without their husbands knowledge and vice versa.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

  5. #55

    Contractor Among Contractors

    PhiltheGreek - scorchio!

    PhiltheGreek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Balmoral
    Posts
    1,053

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SueEllen View Post
    Mobile banking allows women to save money without their husbands knowledge and vice versa.
    Must get that tart Fergie signed up then. Top tip SE

  6. #56

    I Am Legend

    BrilloPad has reached the peak. Play again?


    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    103,774

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SueEllen View Post
    Mobile banking allows women to save money without their husbands knowledge and vice versa.
    Should save me a few quid in the next divorce.

  7. #57

    I live on CUK

    SueEllen is a fount of knowledge

    SueEllen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    in the Park
    Posts
    29,066

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Should save me a few quid in the next divorce.
    You weren't supposed to answer me.

    Now your post will be quoted in family court.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

  8. #58

    Old Greg is my bitch's bitch

    northernladyuk is a fount of knowledge

    northernladyuk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Working the streets of your imagination
    Posts
    9,460

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SueEllen View Post
    This "tulip" is more useful in the developing world were people rely on mobile phones to do banking transactions, their currency has hyperinflation and not everyone has access to a bank account.
    Valuable lessons to be learnt for Brexit Britain.
    Where there's muck there's brass.

  9. #59

    More fingers than teeth

    scooterscot is a fount of knowledge

    scooterscot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Anywhere that is not broken Brexit Britain
    Posts
    19,558

    Default

    This thread is a hoot - doubters and then some. Today the free money was almost £20 if you sold it yesterday.

    Might do another one...
    “We've always defined ourselves by the ability to overcome the impossible. And we count these moments. These moments when we dare to aim higher, to break barriers, to reach for the stars, to make the unknown known. We count these moments as our proudest achievements. But we lost all that. Or perhaps we've just forgotten that we are still pioneers. And we've barely begun. And that our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us, because our destiny lies above us.”

  10. #60

    Ddraig Goch

    psychocandy - scorchio!


    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Cymru
    Posts
    10,145

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scooterscot View Post
    This thread is a hoot - doubters and then some. Today the free money was almost £20 if you sold it yesterday.

    Might do another one...
    Never checked if you sent me any after to that address...
    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •