Toastmasters or similar anyone a member? Toastmasters or similar anyone a member?
Posts 1 to 4 of 4

My post count is Majestic

vetran is always on top

Default Toastmasters or similar anyone a member?

Unaccustomed as I am to public speaking I now have a few new projects where I am going to be the main man not the geek.

Anyone tried toastmasters or similar - any recommendations?
    "If you didn't do anything that wasn't good for you it would be a very dull life. What are you gonna do? Everything that is pleasant in life is dangerous."

I want to see the hand of history on his collar.

More time posting than coding

RetSet has more data than eek

I've been along to a few Toastmaster meetings.

Did a prepared talk and a couple of table talks (where you're asked to talk for a couple of minutes on a subject that's announced to you only a couple of seconds beforehand - oh, and you don't even know you're going to be asked to talk that evening!). Also did a couple of 'roles' as well. Grammarian was one.

Also Feemasonry gives you ample opportunity to stand up and speak, both formally in meeting, and less formally at dinner afterwards. Apparently.

I'd say go along to Toastmasters and give it a go as a 'no brainer'.

You can't ask to be a Freemason, and you can't be asked to join the Freemasons...

[edit] if you're a 'property person', then Progressive Property/ Progressive Education in Peterborough offer at least one public speaking course [/edit]
    Last edited by RetSet; 12th May 2017 at 21:06.

Super poster

Lockhouse is NOT a disguised employee

I'm a fried bread master. Always crispy with no grease.
    ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

My post count is Majestic

vetran is always on top

Quote Originally Posted by RetSet View Post
    You can't ask to be a Freemason, and you can't be asked to join the Freemasons...
    Its a lottery? Or which school you went to?

Thanks for the advice!
    "If you didn't do anything that wasn't good for you it would be a very dull life. What are you gonna do? Everything that is pleasant in life is dangerous."

I want to see the hand of history on his collar.