• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Any of you worked on security for the NHS?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't think that IT directors would risk patient safety by order large scale shut downs of systems unless they were concerned that it could spread, maybe through nhs mail or the regional clinical portals?

My Trust has cancelled all elective operations and deployed all radiology staff to A&E to do real time reporting on scans using un-networked equipment. Admin staff are writing down results as they report verbally.

Comment

So instead of paying £400/day for a decent contractor they are now going to call in Accenture at £2000/day who will in turn pass on £399/day to the IT contractor.

I now finally understand Tory logic......

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
        I don't think anyone has ever worked on IT security for the NHS. Their network was riddled with SQL worms and all sorts of other nasties when I had a passing acquaintance with it about 15 years ago. MF will probably back me up on that.
        Not sure about the spine Mordy, as if you remember I was working on the extraction of patient records from clinical legacy systems & ensuring we could create the GP 2 GP Message.

My major concern was how easy it was for some low level techy oik to come into our development office, dismantle a load of kit & fook off with it just before we were going to demo it, without being seen by anyone.
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
          My major concern was how easy it was for some low level techy oik to come into our development office, dismantle a load of kit & fook off with it just before we were going to demo it, without being seen by anyone.
          That rules you out...

Comment

Not sure about the spine Mordy, as if you remember I was working on the extraction of patient records from clinical legacy systems & ensuring we could create the GP 2 GP Message.

Under the radar matey, that's me...
            His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
              That rules you out...
              He's talking about me.
              His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

I think I'd only been there about 2 or 3 days when we got hit by a number of SQL worms, one of your idiots had an open "test" connection to NHSnet (aka the spine). Spoilt my lunch, that did...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
                  I think I'd only been there about 2 or 3 days when we got hit by a number of SQL worms, one of your idiots had an open "test" connection to NHSnet (aka the spine). Spoilt my lunch, that did...
                  You've always had worms. That's why you're so skinny.
                  What happens in General, stays in General.
                  You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

The only time I ever worked on the NHS it was still called the DHSS and it wasn't secure then ...
                    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
                      So instead of paying £400/day for a decent contractor they are now going to call in Accenture at £2000/day who will in turn pass on Wipro who will pass it on for £100/day to our chum bob.

I now finally understand Tory logic......
                      FTFY.

qh
                      He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Working...
                      X