• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

NHS Cyber attack!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BigRed View Post
    Seriously? I get that NHS, Investment Banks etc think they are 'special' (they aren't), but the average private sector company wouldn't give a damn.

Maybe someone on here can provide a real example but I really do think that you would find it quite hard to find something else in the private sector if your CV says 10 years NHS Experience. You are 100% correct about the whole "special" thing in regards to NHS, FORD and Banking. Could be plenty more but those 3 are the ones I experienced myself.

Comment

P.S. I thought this might make a few people giggle.

So I heard from someone that was in a meeting with Barts that apparently the Malware spread to the whole of the trust from a "Scanner", I tulip you not. I work in IT but have never heard of that before, the last time I heard something completely idiotic was when a guy told me he got a virus from a printer cable.

Anyone that knows more could entertain us and validate this. Can you really get a virus from a Scanner? Maybe if they used a USB stick and connected it to it then from there accessed the files?

Comment

I know folk that can crash a computer just by looking at it.
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

I thought most viruses spread from NLyUK.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
            I know folk that can crash a computer just by looking at it.
            Like I said, I kid you not. I laughed the moment they mentioned the scanner. Obviously I don't want to be ignorant to security issues. I wonder if this is the official statement used by the trust.

This was a meeting asking for the latest status, a lot of patients got pushed back or had appointments cancelled, some were for scans and other serious matters.

Comment

Working...
            X