• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

NHS Cyber attack!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NHS Cyber attack!

NHS hospitals across England hit by large-scale cyber-attack

Many hospitals having to divert emergency patients, with doctors reporting messages demanding money

A number of hospitals have been hit by a large scale cyber attack, NHS England has confirmed.

Hospitals across the country appear to have been simultaneously hit by a bug in their IT systems, leading to many diverting emergency patients. NHS England said it was aware of the problem and would release more details soon.

Meanwhile doctors have been posting on Twitter about what has been happening to their systems.

A screen grab of a instant message conversation circulated by one doctor says: “So our hospital is down … We got a message saying your computers are now under their control and pay a certain amount of money. And now everything is gone.”

https://www.theguardian.com/society/...e-cyber-attack

Even those unaffected have shut down systems with external links as a precautionary measure to prevent further spread of the virus.

I'm typing this on my phone as all hospital wifi down. Everything down. They are using paper forms across the Trust.

Comment

It's ok they just need to find some Contractors who will be paid properly and are clearly not inside IR35.

Oh wait

Comment

Where's the opportunity, folks?

Comment

I'll fix it for £800/day outside IR35 or £1600/day inside. Your choice guys.

Comment

Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
            I'll fix it for £800/day outside IR35 or £1600/day inside. Your choice guys.
            AtW will fix it for 0.25 bitcoins per PC.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
              NHS hospitals across England hit by large-scale cyber-attack

Many hospitals having to divert emergency patients, with doctors reporting messages demanding money

A number of hospitals have been hit by a large scale cyber attack, NHS England has confirmed.

Hospitals across the country appear to have been simultaneously hit by a bug in their IT systems, leading to many diverting emergency patients. NHS England said it was aware of the problem and would release more details soon.

Meanwhile doctors have been posting on Twitter about what has been happening to their systems.

A screen grab of a instant message conversation circulated by one doctor says: “So our hospital is down … We got a message saying your computers are now under their control and pay a certain amount of money. And now everything is gone.”

https://www.theguardian.com/society/...e-cyber-attack

Three years ago I wrote a report about this very vulnerability. In particular there were many (but not all) servers with no virus protection because the in-house IT department reckoned that virus protection was not needed because laptops and desktops were (allegedly) protected. That was just the tip of the iceberg. The rest is of the report was scathing so much so I dare not even hint to how bad their IT system is. However, one problem was that doctors were sharing logins and bringing in games on USB sticks so thy could play around on night-shift.
              "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Some patients are reporting that they're being told they must wait two weeks to see a GP and three months for a referral.

Oh wait.
                Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
                  AtW will fix it for 0.25 bitcoins per PC.
                  Shhhh that was our arrangement for a 12 months contract.

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
                    Three years ago I wrote a report about this very vulnerability. In particular there were many (but not all) servers with no virus protection because the in-house IT department reckoned that virus protection was not needed because laptops and desktops were (allegedly) protected. That was just the tip of the iceberg. The rest is of the report was scathing so much so I dare not even hint to how bad their IT system is. However, one problem was that doctors were sharing logins and bringing in games on USB sticks so thy could play around on night-shift.
                    This is just the start.....

Comment

Working...
                    X