• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

But hey embrace the cultural differences

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Protests outside Leeds court as 29 people face trial for rape and exploitation of children | Metro News

😚

Darmstadt will pop in shortly with his list of white British child sex offenders.

Seriously, if it is true that these offences, and similar in Rotherham, Rochdale, Oxford and Telford, were ignored due to political correctness it is the worst thing that the authorities could have done. If they had been tackled early the scale may have been small, they continued because they were allowed to. PC pretence about real problems doesn't reduce prejudice, it raises it.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
      Darmstadt will pop in shortly with his list of white British child sex offenders.
      He doesn't need to he will just list some 70s DJs, TV presenters and pop stars.

Anyway I noticed 2 of the names were Sikh, which is an unusual turn of events.

Oh and one of the guys is a continual offender.
      Last edited by SueEllen; 12 May 2017, 17:37.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Sikhs not usually a problem. Apart from the fact I can never get the spelling right.

There's a parallel with celebrities/politicians in that the offences were not tackled for different reasons. Again, swift action could have prevented the huge scale of the problem when it did come to light.
        Last edited by xoggoth; 12 May 2017, 17:40.
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Sikhs not usually a problem.
          Are there reliable stats on this?

Comment

...Seriously, if it is true that these offences, and similar in Rotherham, Rochdale, Oxford and Telford, were ignored due to political correctness...
            It's pretty obvious that it was.

Not sure why this is the thread's title, since it's pretty clear that the cultural differences are not being embraced - hence the court cases - and while idiots in power ignored what was going on, it wasn't out of a desire to embrace a culture which treats girls and women (especially those outside your own ethnic group) as objects. The authorities refused to engage for fear of stirring racial tensions. Gits.

I knew a student at Imperial college who was mugged by a group of young drunk Sikhs. They hit him repeatedly on the head with their karas - he needed stitches.
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

... ignored due to political correctness ......
              Makes those who ignored them accessories after the fact surely?

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
                You won't get reliable stats.

Some religious/ethnic groups "deal" with the problem themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by RSoles View Post
                  Makes those who ignored them accessories after the fact surely?
                  Only under recent law changes. Lots of these crimes are historical so these people get off.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
                    Sikh and ye shall find?
                    “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Working...
                    X