• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Doh

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
    He spent years slagging off the EU, blaming their agriculture policy for causing famine in Africa. Now he's changed his tune, most likely because there's an earner in it somewhere. Hypocritical
    My biggest issue was seeing him on stage with Blair and Brown and not punching both of them....

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
      How about... the majority understand that there is a large minority who are unhappy with the result, and try to understand their concerns?

The Brexiters here seem almost universally incapable of being gracious in victory, Instead we have this rather sad "ha ha, you lost, get over it" attitude, and a complete lack of understanding that for Brexit to actually work will require some of the issues raised by Bremainers to be addressed, rather than ignored. Or is it case of full speed ahead and damn the torpedoes? They also fail to understand that the democratic mandate only works well when it follows the rule of law. The rule of law and parliamentary sovereignty is a vital component of British democracy. The "will of the people" is not the only one - and only comes into play when parliament allows it, so it certainly isn't supreme.
      What issues raised by bremainers? So far I have only heard "we are doomed".

Brexit is going to happen. We should all work together to make the beast of it. Or leave.

However the f**kers who have already left can f**k right off. They should never have had a vote. It should be like the US where citizens pay tax on their global income or lose their citizenship. And if they leave for 2 years they lose it.

Comment

The losers were, are and will forever be those 50% of the population with an IQ of 100 and under. Manufacturing jobs, which are the only sort they can do, are not coming back in any number.
        The winners were, are and will forever be those of higher intelligence with good education and/or talent.
        Regardless of the outcome of Brexit the latter will be in demand in Britain or outside.
        In my opinion, Brexit will split apart the UK and hollow out the economy of the rump state that is left, Wengland.
        However there will be losers and winners even then, and one thing is for sure, the winners will not be the Brexiter demographic, but a new elite who will replace the old. Take Theresa May, the classic example of a Remainer who has seamlessly switched sides in order to become a member of the new elite.
        If you can't beat 'em, join 'em.
        I for one welcome a hard Brexit, the harder the better
        Last edited by sasguru; 14 May 2017, 08:49.
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
          The losers were, are and will forever be those 50% of the population with an IQ of 100 and under. Manufacturing jobs, which are the only sort they can do, are not coming back in any number.
          The winners were, are and will forever be those of higher intelligence with good education and/or talent.
          Regardless of the outcome of Brexit the latter will be in demand in Britain or outside.
          In my opinion, Brexit will split apart the UK and hollow out the economy of the rump state that is left, Wengland.
          However there will be losers and winners even then, and one thing is for sure, the winners will not be the Brexiter demographic, but a new elite who will replace the old. Take Theresa May, the classic example of a Remainer who has seamlessly switched sides in order to become a member of the new elite.
          If you can't beat 'em, join 'em.
          I for one welcome a hard Brexit, the harder the better
          ha ha, you lost, get over it
          How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
            ha ha, you lost, get over it
            I rest my case.

BTW, you still travelling around the country staying in tulipholes to make a living?
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
              I suppose your definition of democracy is the same as Mugabe and the Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt. Winning an election gives you the right to disregard the wishes and concerns of the minorities and accuse them as being unpatriotic,
              Sigh no.

But typical sjw snowflake behaviour.

'I didn't win the game so it's not fair'

This is the sort of tulip which ruins the country.

Regardless of whether we are in or out we need people to do, not stand there moaning about it.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                Brexit is going to happen. We should all work together to make the beast of it.
                Exactly the attitude that all of us that wanted to stay had about the EU. The one thing that we can all learn from Brexit is that moaning works.
                Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

I think people should stop moaning, get on with it, tighten their belts and save up to pay their "bar bill".

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
                    I think people should stop moaning, get on with it, tighten their belts and save up to pay their "bar bill".

Juncker appreciates your concern, but he's going to have one for the road. Hic.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                      What issues raised by bremainers?
                      There was quite an important one concerning the sovereignty of parliament and the legality of the process, and a few trivial ones(!) concerning Gibraltar, Northern Ireland...

Ah stuff it - half a league, half a league, half a league onward!
                      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
                      X