• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Official (if AtW allows) Labour Manifesto Thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What Korbyn is trying to do is help Tory Scum introduce massive tax increases on us whilst claiming that Labour would have taxed even more, so Korbyn wins any way and we lose in any way other than getting Lib Dems elected who just say 1% increase in income tax on ALL TAX BANDS, now that's fair.

Comment

Originally posted by oscarose View Post
      Who's paying for all this stuff?

Read the manifesto or wait for a proper analysis.

As Laura K. writes, we certainly can't complain there's no difference between the parties this time.
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
        They also want:
        1. free nursery provision for children 2-5
        2. Triple lock pensions guaranteed
        3. Brexit as long as it preserves British jobs
        1. is a Tory policy isn't it? And I think they're committed to Brexit?

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
          What Korbyn is trying to do is help Tory Scum introduce massive tax increases on us whilst claiming that Labour would have taxed even more, so Korbyn wins any way and we lose in any way other than getting Lib Dems elected who just say 1% increase in income tax on ALL TAX BANDS, now that's fair.
          When are you standing as a lib dem candidate?

Just need to know so I can come help you with the leafleting.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by Waldorf View Post
            Labour- Bankrupting the country for the many, not the few.
            We already have Brexit for that.

At least the people that complained that politicians were all the same are getting what they want. The choices are now: left wing extremist nutcases, or right wing extremist nutcases.
            Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
              Read the manifesto or wait for a proper analysis.

As Laura K. writes, we certainly can't complain there's no difference between the parties this time.
              I love the spin leading up to these launches about "fully costed" manifestos. All parties do this. What you actually end up with is a post-it note of WAGs in the billions.

In other words, they're only ever useful for a sense of direction. With Labour, the direction is to soak the rich with headline tax rates. With the Tories, it'll be to soak the rich with stealth taxes (I predict). Reduced tax and spend is definitely not on the agenda.

Comment

Neither of them is extreme. It's just unusual for us to have a party leader who dares take a single half-step from dead-centre Makes it more interesting I suppose.

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
                I love the spin leading up to these launches about "fully costed" manifestos. All parties do this. What you actually end up with is a post-it note of WAGs in the billions.

In other words, they're only ever useful for a sense of direction. With Labour, the direction is to soak the rich with headline tax rates. With the Tories, it'll be to soak the rich with stealth taxes (I predict). Reduced tax and spend is definitely not on the agenda.
                Indeed, the current climate doesn't really allow anyone to reduce taxes but then an ageing population, imminent disruption of the job scene, and high immigration mean there really isn't scope to reduce spending and maintain infrastructure. Nobody knows what to do about any of those things.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                  They also want:
                  1. free nursery provision for children 2-5
                  Completely fail to provide enough places and watch rates go up.
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                    Completely fail to provide enough places and watch rates go up.
                    Actually my teacher friend who used to run a nursery says the opposite... the rates the government pay per child are so low it's not really sustainable for private nurseries to run. Although that is/was the current Tory implementation, maybe Labour plan to increase the rate.

Comment

I think I read that the Tory manifesto is out on Thursday. Does anyone know when the lib dems are publishing theirs?

Comment

Working...
                      X