• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Official (if AtW allows) Labour Manifesto Thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chopper View Post
    Would you expect the Tory manifesto to be more comprehensively costed, or just to say "strong and stable" and that be the end of it?
    Probably the latter, what's your point?

Comment

Well May hired a Blairite.

So if Korbyn wants to be more left he's got to look towards the Communist party...
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by sal View Post
        Diane Abbott math again i see...

30k/per bobby, OKish for salary + erNI, but I guess uniforms, gear, training, HR/admin/back office are free in Laborland
        In the grand scheme of things those costs are small compared to salaries and of course you forget these 10k new officers won't be on anything like 30k for several years - they'll start as rookies. And to be honest that level of cost inaccuracy is no worse than we have in our estimates every day. I very much doubt this is the worst issue by a long way - if it is then JC is actually a genius
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

If CT is increased revenue will go down. They need to cut CT to increase revenue.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
            Well May hired a Blairite.

So if Korbyn wants to be more left he's got to look towards the Communist party...
            True, how fecked are we

As you said rightly earlier we have seen these higher taxes before, unfortunately they just ended up with a lower overall tax take.

Apart from then consequently not being able to afford it, the rest of the manifesto seems really good o.
            The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              If CT is increased revenue will go down. They need to cut CT to increase revenue.
              Govts own figures project big drop in CT over next few years - big boys don't pay any CT anyway, so reducing CT is just leaving money on the table of dirty tax dodging contractors...

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                Govts own figures project big drop in CT over next few years - big boys don't pay any CT anyway, so reducing CT is just leaving money on the table of dirty tax dodging contractors...

I think we should adopt the Estonian model. No Corp Tax on profits, instead you tax the distributions. Encourages investment. Imagine 0% Corp Tax but 27.5% Dividend Tax instead.
                Taking a break from contracting

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                  Has revenue rocketed with the cuts over previous years?
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

I havent read their manifesto as I have no plans to vote for them but if this news is to believed they will be banning umbrella companies if he gets elected
                    Labour pledges to ban umbrella companies :: Contractor UK

Comment

Originally posted by chopper View Post
                      I think we should adopt the Estonian model. No Corp Tax on profits, instead you tax the distributions. Encourages investment. Imagine 0% Corp Tax but 27.5% Dividend Tax instead.

Imagine unicorns are flying with pigs over 4th runway at Heathrow?

That's how likely your idea is...

Comment

Working...
                      X