• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Umbrella companies to be abolished

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Umbrella companies to be abolished

if Labour wins. See manifesto. Labour Manifesto

Also, assumption of worker status unless client can prove self-employed status.

Originally posted by Smartie View Post

So not abolished then

Comment

Originally posted by SlipTheJab View Post
      So not abolished then
      :
      "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
      - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

OP not really living up to their forum name then
        "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Pure genius! So Steptoe has driven away another couple of million self-employed potential Labour voters at a stroke

I'd swear he actually dreads winning, or even winning more than a handful of seats. Nothing else makes any sense.
          Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
            OP not really living up to their forum name then
            Eh? Seems relevant.
            While there is apparently a very small chance of a Labour victory, there is nevertheless a chance.

Even in the most likely case of a Tory win by miles, this manifesto may very well remain Labour policy long after Corbyn has gone and into the following election. They can hardly fail to have a more electable leader by then.

It also demonstrates that when choosing who to vote for, both of the major parties will tighten the screws on us, whatever they might say about supporting small businesses.
            You never know, the Tories may even decide they like these particular bits of policy...

Comment

Eh? Seems relevant.
              While there is apparently a very small chance of a Labour victory, there is nevertheless a chance.

Even in the most likely case of a Tory win by miles, this manifesto may very well remain Labour policy long after Corbyn has gone and into the following election. They can hardly fail to have a more electable leader by then.

It also demonstrates that when choosing who to vote for, both of the major parties will tighten the screws on us, whatever they might say about supporting small businesses.
              You never know, the Tories may even decide they like these particular bits of policy...
              We are at the end of the current economic cycle, we have massive debt, and brexit is about to begin. All parties will have to tighten spending and raise taxes. You've never had it so good. Hope you made the most out of it while the sun was shining.
              http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
                We are at the end of the current economic cycle, we have massive debt, and brexit is about to begin. All parties will have to tighten spending and raise taxes. You've never had it so good. Hope you made the most out of it while the sun was shining.
                You agree that Brexit is going to cost the country then and make us worse off? At last, an honest Brexiter who agrees that staying in the EU would be better for us economically
                I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
                  Doing fine, thanks for asking.
                  Actually I have had it so good before - a few years in the city around the turn of the century on rates that were exceptional compared to today.
                  Of course I blew it all on fast cars and women, but I have learned from my experiences ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
                    You agree that Brexit is going to cost the country then and make us worse off? At last, an honest Brexiter who agrees that staying in the EU would be better for us economically
                    I've always said this, absolutely for 5-10 years it's going to hurt. But then things should pick up.

Even if we stayed in, we'd still be going into some hard times due to the ponzi economy.

It will be interesting to see if the UK unshackled does better than the Eurozone in the next financial crisis...
                    http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Working...
                    X