Umbrella companies to be abolished Umbrella companies to be abolished - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Posts 41 to 45 of 45

Super poster

Hobosapien - scorchio!

Citizens Income will solve all that.

Just got to tax the robots and computers to pay for it all.
    Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Should post faster

Smartie is good enough for Jehovah!

Quote Originally Posted by Hobosapien View Post
    Citizens Income will solve all that.

Just got to tax the robots and computers to pay for it all.
    We'll have to do exactly that at some point and probably in the next few years.

If corporations own both the capital and the means of production, then no-one gets paid and no-one can afford the goods/services that the corporation produces.

More time posting than coding

Addanc is too good to be a permie

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
    We are at the end of the current economic cycle, we have massive debt, and brexit is about to begin. All parties will have to tighten spending and raise taxes...
    Bollocks The only principle to come out of the pseudo science of economics with any real world data to back it up is the Laffer curve; I would disrespectfully suggest that if taxes go higher their is a high probability that tax take will reduce (companies move elsewhere, people reduce their economic effort, etc); with a debt of 1.7 trillion (a mind boggling large sum) tinkering with taxes in attempt to increase revenue will not even clear the deficit by the end of the next Parliament. The next Government needs to spend less (cancel HS2, cull the Quangos) and go for growth (reduce taxes to encourage business).

Richer than sasguru

DimPrawn is a fount of knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
    We are at the end of the current economic cycle, we have massive debt, and brexit is about to begin. All parties will have to tighten spending and raise taxes. You've never had it so good. Hope you made the most out of it while the sun was shining.
    I've bought 50 BTL properties, 1/4 Tonne of gold, 2000 BitCoins and shares in every company on planet. I think I made the most of it.
    I was miserable and depressed, but CUK turned it all around. Now I'm depressed and miserable.

More fingers than teeth

scooterscot is a fount of knowledge

Anywhere that is not broken Brexit Britain

Umbrella's should be abolished as should one man Ltd. Instead introduce cash accounting, plenty simple.
    “We've always defined ourselves by the ability to overcome the impossible. And we count these moments. These moments when we dare to aim higher, to break barriers, to reach for the stars, to make the unknown known. We count these moments as our proudest achievements. But we lost all that. Or perhaps we've just forgotten that we are still pioneers. And we've barely begun. And that our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us, because our destiny lies above us.”