• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Umbrella companies to be abolished

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Citizens Income will solve all that.

Just got to tax the robots and computers to pay for it all.
    Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
      Citizens Income will solve all that.

Just got to tax the robots and computers to pay for it all.
      We'll have to do exactly that at some point and probably in the next few years.

If corporations own both the capital and the means of production, then no-one gets paid and no-one can afford the goods/services that the corporation produces.

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
        We are at the end of the current economic cycle, we have massive debt, and brexit is about to begin. All parties will have to tighten spending and raise taxes...
        Bollocks The only principle to come out of the pseudo science of economics with any real world data to back it up is the Laffer curve; I would disrespectfully suggest that if taxes go higher their is a high probability that tax take will reduce (companies move elsewhere, people reduce their economic effort, etc); with a debt of 1.7 trillion (a mind boggling large sum) tinkering with taxes in attempt to increase revenue will not even clear the deficit by the end of the next Parliament. The next Government needs to spend less (cancel HS2, cull the Quangos) and go for growth (reduce taxes to encourage business).

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
          We are at the end of the current economic cycle, we have massive debt, and brexit is about to begin. All parties will have to tighten spending and raise taxes. You've never had it so good. Hope you made the most out of it while the sun was shining.
          I've bought 50 BTL properties, 1/4 Tonne of gold, 2000 BitCoins and shares in every company on planet. I think I made the most of it.

Comment

Umbrella's should be abolished as should one man Ltd. Instead introduce cash accounting, plenty simple.
            "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
            X